|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Category||Creative Media and Writers|
|About the Opportunity|
Our established Calgary branch is looking to add an experienced Engagement Consultant to our team. As part of our collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to work with internal and external clients, developing communication and engagement strategies with a focus on implementation.
Along with supporting the existing team, you will also be given the opportunity to lead projects with members of our broader engagement practice. This opportunity is well suited to those who have a keen interest in pushing forward with new ideas and who thrive outside of their comfort zone.
Coupled with the unmatched learning and project experience opportunities, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the development of communications and engagement strategies related to urban planning, transportation engineering, large-scale and small-scale infrastructure projects, social planning, landscape architecture, and Indigenous planning.
- Creating high-quality communications materials such as social media content, news releases, project briefs, website content, posters, reports, and email correspondence.
- Supporting on-the-ground implementation of engagement activities, including the design and facilitation of workshops, engagement sessions, and other public participation techniques (virtual and in-person).
- Copywriting and editing, including reading content and correcting errors, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative engagement feedback.
- Project coordination, including managing timelines and tasks, for communications and engagement project delivery.
Our preferred candidate will have a degree in a relevant field of study and related experience in a communications and engagement field as a consultant or working with/for local, regional, or provincial governments or Indigenous communities. The following attributes and skills will be considered assets:
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Business Administration or Social Science, or the equivalent in progressive work experience.
- Familiarity with International Association for Public Participation (IAP2), with a preference for candidates with Foundations and Techniques course training.
- Ability to provide direction, strategic communication, and engagement advice to project teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to make complex, technical information easy to understand.
- Ability to engage an audience and create interest and excitement.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a decentralized, complex environment with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with analyzing and summarizing qualitative and quantitative data into meaningful themes and concise, reader-friendly outputs.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset; when a problem arises, you begin seeking a solution.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn't describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 10:00 am MDT