|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Are you and experienced accounting professional who thrives in a collaborative environment, enjoys problem solving and finding ways to apply the technical world of accounting into our everyday work in a meaningful way? Urban Systems is looking to add a CPA to our growing Company and wants to hear from you.
Urban Systems was founded in Kamloops in 1975, and over the past 45 years the strong financial leadership has allowed us to retain and exercise our values as an organization and carry out our business activities under terms that we define. Since that time, Kamloops has served as the home to our fourteen-person accounting group that serves the financial and accounting needs of our entire company. With the continued growth of our Company and expanding services and geographies, we are in need of a talented accounting professional who is interested in building their career with us and has a desire to contribute to the financial leadership of our company. In this role, you will be a key member of our accounting group and will work closely with existing team members, Company Leaders, Partnership and external advisors to help ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of our accounting services.
More specifically, this position includes the following:
• Working collaboratively in planning and administering of a variety of accounting functions such as accounts payable/receivables, general ledger, financial statements, budgeting, cash flow forecasting, payroll, and tax planning and compliance;
• Assisting with the development of existing team members as they support the needs of the branches through a strong focus on internal customer service. This will include identifying staffing needs, training new staff and providing technical guidance;
• Providing both formal and information reporting to users, including company leaders and Board of Directors, as and when required;
• Developing and administering approved accounting practices in response to changing professional standards;
• Overseeing the maintenance of company accounting records and systems;
• Building a deep knowledge of business needs and goals of our organization and clients;
• Providing counsel on a wide range of issues, including tax, complex accounting, acquisitions, and more;
• Participation in longer range planning and development of improved systems of financial reporting;
• Identifying opportunities for improvement processes and procedures; and
• Travel to branches as required;
|Education Requirements||Our preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:|
• Professional accounting designation as a CPA (CA, CGA or CMA);
• Minimum 3 years post-designation experience; and
• Experience in public practice or a professional services firm would be an asset.
|Experience||As a dynamic organization, we are always on the lookout for people who have a passion for their work, are service-oriented, and are committed to continuously getting better at what they do.|
|How To Apply||If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.|
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 9:00 am PST.