Field Inspector (Temporary)
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Our busy Fort McMurrary office is currently looking to hire a temporary Field Inspector for municipal infrastructure inspection work. The work location includes the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (Fort McMurray, Anzac and Gregoire Lakes). We anticipate that the term of the position will be 6-8 months in length from May to November 2020 (weather dependant). Typical duties will include:
• Inspect and evaluate municipal infrastructure projects such as roads, drainage facilities, buildings, underground utilities, and related construction elements to ensure that work quality and progress are maintained according to prescribed specifications, drawings, standards and schedules;
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports of the specific work performed;
• Measurement and calculation of quantities for payment certificates and budget tracking;
• Regularly liaise with contractors, stakeholders and project manager regarding status of project, additional work claims, and changes to the contract;
• Maintain accurate and complete construction record drawings;
• Coordinate material testing and obtain/review results;
• Overseeing and supervising junior inspectors; and
• Proactively anticipating issues during construction; and work with contractor or stakeholders to resolve issues.
Our ideal candidate will have 5 plus years of relevant municipal infrastructure field inspection experience and posses the following skills and qualifications:
• Direct on-site experience carrying out the tasks noted above specifically relating to municipal water, sewer and roadway engineering projects;
• Ability to interpret construction plans and drawings, accurately perform mathematical computations, review and interpret engineering data and make sound decisions based upon the foregoing information;
• Strong understanding and experience working with CCDC and Unit Price Contract documents;
• Possess a basic understanding of survey including civil preliminary pick up through to construction survey;
• Strong written and oral communication skills; and
• The applicant must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous Communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
• Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
• A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
• The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment; and
• Meaningful rewards and recognition.
We look to develop long term relationships with our inspectors but due to varying levels of field inspection requirements from year to year cannot confirm work availability or duration for subsequent years.
|How To Apply||If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).|