Business Operations Manager
|Company||The Change Foundation|
|Job Category||Health Care|
|Job Details||View attachment|
Are you someone who is energetic, passionate and a creative thinker; who has an innate sense of curiosity; who is able to lead through influence; who thrives in a fast-paced, matrixed work environment; who demonstrates a strong notion of camaraderie and is a natural team player? If this describes you, please consider this role as an opportunity to learn, grow and add value in a small and entrepreneurial organization.
Role and Accountabilities:
The Business Operations Manager is a new and critical role within the organization. The individual will have the opportunity to establish, create, implement, and monitor operational and business practices that will drive efficiency and create optimal effectiveness.
1. Establish operating excellence across the organization including effectively developing, implementing, and managing finance and accounting systems and processes
2. Act as a primary liaison with external service providers (including HR, Finance, IT and Facilities)
3. Work collaboratively with leadership and the Governance Professional to effectively support the Foundation Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter who is passionate, process oriented, gets a kick out of problem-solving, has a keen eye for detail and seeks to be part of a small entrepreneurial team. This role will provide a terrific growth platform for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes and trouble-shoot as required
• Lead process design or re-design to achieve optimal effectiveness throughout business practices
• Manage office leasing arrangements and related services
• Ensure health and safety in the workplace including establishing emergency protocols and maintaining contact lists with emergency call chains
• Familiarize yourself with all policies and guidelines to ensure Foundation compliance and the mitigation of risk.
Finance, Accounting Management and Reporting:
• Compile, track budget information and prepare accurate reports on a regular basis for management and the board, including quarterly financial reports
• Establish an ongoing process to prepare cheque requisitions, requests for invoices, and processing of all invoices and expense claim forms
• Establish and maintain organized electronic filing systems, including CRM data ensuring business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are up-to-date, readily available, and easily accessible.
Primary liaison with external service providers:
• Oversee and track the Foundation’s Master Services Agreement (MSA) with the Ontario Hospital Association and collate constructive feedback for the addition of services and service improvement
• Act as the primary point of contact within the Foundation for communications regarding work covered under the MSA
Foundation Governance Support:
• Create and maintain an annual schedule of meetings (board, board committee, AGM)
• Support the preparation for these meetings including working with leadership on putting together the board package and materials
• Maintain accurate and up to date Board information and data, such as: Board of Director contacts, Board Appointment Terms, Board Committee composition; and Board meeting attendance; and distribution and collection of signed annual board and committee forms
• Support, co-ordinate all aspects of both virtual and in-person meetings.
Qualifications & Skills
• The ideal candidate has demonstrated excellence and high performance in general administrative and operations experience
• Familiarity and a natural ease with finance, budget and accounting matters is requisite
• An exceptional team player with the right attitude of pitching in, solving problems, learning, and growing. You are skilled at multi-tasking; you are unfazed when priorities shift and deadlines are tight; you work both independently and collaboratively; and are well-organized and thoughtful
• An undergraduate degree or diploma in an administrative, business-related discipline such as finance and accounting are required, combined with demonstrated work experience
• The tech-savvy candidate must possess excellent computer and database / CRM skills including, experience with the full Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and be willing to learn new systems.
About the Foundation
The Change Foundation was set up twenty-five years ago with a generous endowment from the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA).
The Foundation recently underwent a comprehensive re-think of its alignment with the OHA and its mandate, culminating in the articulation of a new purpose: Enabling Effective Leadership. The Foundation is in the midst of crystalizing its strategic intention and is working on a complete re-brand.
|Salary||$76,773 To $89,569 per year|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
The Foundation strongly encourages and welcomes diversity in the broadest sense of the word: diversity of perspective, experience, gender, ethnicity.
The successful applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the Government of Canada) or have a valid vaccination exemption pursuant to the Human Rights Code. Further, they must provide proof of vaccination (or a valid exemption) prior to the start date, provide updated information as necessary, and comply with any ongoing vaccination-related requirements.
Potential applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter by September 29, 2021. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.