Postal Clerk – Retail & Operations, Temporary On-call
|Job Category||Service Sector|
|Postal Clerk – Retail & Operations, Temporary on-call|
Five (5) positions available in Yellowknife, NT
This temporary on-call role with potential for permanent employment is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, overnights and weekends. We offer competitive pay ($19.86/hour), and on-the-job training to get you up to speed.
Experience the dynamic mail operations and retail environment only Canada Post can offer. As a Postal Clerk, you will:
• Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
• Operate a computer point-of-sale system and, as applicable, mail-processing equipment
• Maintain floor displays
• Conduct merchandizing and inventory control
• Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
• Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
• Receive, sort, sequence and batch mail items
• Transport mail between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment, where applicable
• Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
• Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
Ready to explore your career potential? Canada Post has five (5) temporary on-call opportunities for Postal Clerks in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Job requirements (education and work experience):
• Proficiency in English
• Ability to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time, handle mail items weighting up to 22.7 kg (50 lb), carry mail items weighing up to 15.9 kg (35 lb) and bend, reach, lift, etc.
• Experience in customer service in a retail environment
• Experience in sales and working in a production environment, an asset
• Ability to work a variety of shifts
To apply for one of these five temporary on-call positions (Job ID 3053) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
|How To Apply||To apply for one of these five temporary on-call positions (Job ID 3053) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:|