Fund Development Manager
|Company||Ontario Farmland Trust|
|Fund Development Manager - Ontario Farmland Trust|
(Remote Working Opportunity)
The Ontario Farmland Trust (OFT) is a niche land conservation organization that works to permanently protect Ontario's farmland and associated natural features from being lost to non-agricultural uses. Its work is critical for protecting this vital resource that provides our communities with local food and ecological services. The OFT team is passionate about farmland and its associated natural and cultural features for today's communities and for future generations.
Ontario has lost 2.8 million acres (18%) of its farmland in the past 35 years to urbanization, aggregate mining, and other land conversions. The rate of loss is increasing, disrupting our agricultural communities and ecosystems. As a charitable non-profit, OFT relies on generous donations from individuals and organizations to support our mission. OFT works directly with landowners who want to protect their land for the future by establishing Farmland Easement Agreements. This is a voluntary legal agreement between a farmland owner and OFT that is placed on property title and applies to current and all future landowners, ensuring that the land is protected forever. OFT's work also involves educating the public and commenting on public policy to ensure communities are informed on the threats farmland faces and why it is critical we protect it.
If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your fundraising and communication skills while using your creativity to help protect this vital resource, then this could be the role for you!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating all aspects of OFT's fund development strategy and communication pieces that support these efforts. The entire OFT team is highly collaborative and all staff play some role in supporting fund development efforts.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 3-5 years of frontline fundraising experience, or equivalent experience, specifically experience working one-on-one with individuals to build meaningful relationships and the preparation of annual appeals
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to represent OFT with external stakeholders
- Ability to travel at least once/month. Requires a driver's licence and access to a vehicle to travel throughout the province to farms and various events.
- Creativity and a willingness to learn (and test) new skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Team-player with a positive attitude and commitment to working cooperatively with others
- Knowledge and passion in conservation, agriculture, food systems, and sustainability is considered an asset
- Experience in communications, marketing, or community engagement is considered an asset
- Experience with project management and budgeting considered an asset
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, social media, and web communication tools. Design skills considered an asset.
- May require occasional on-site visits to farms and rigorous walking through farm fields (an accommodable asset)
What OFT offers you
- $58,000 to $63,000 commensurate with experience
- Remote working - opportunity to work from the OFT office in Guelph OR from home. There will be travel, meetings and other work as necessary through-out Ontario.
- To some degree, OFT can accommodate the need for flexibility in a work schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Vacation: 3 weeks to start
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
Submit your application by December 16, 2022, Select the role and 'Apply' to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Ontario Farmland Trust by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada's non-profit sector.
Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
Questions about the position? Contact Ann Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647.261.3566 / 1.866.647.5149.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information - we would be pleased to connect with them.