MI-AP Indigenous Stakeholder Engagement Lead
|Company||University Of Manitoba|
|At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world. |
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the eighth consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The MI-AP Indigenous Stakeholder Engagement Lead is responsible for leading the Indigenous Inclusion and Student Support pillar of the Manitoba Industry-Academia Partnership (MI-AP) initiative. This position will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the Manitoba Post-Secondary Institutions and externally with industry, employers, governments, organizations and Indigenous communities to provide consultative guidance and advice related to the Indigenous inclusion initiative within the MI-AP project. The position assesses and anticipates Indigenous student related needs, some of which may be confidential, and acts as a champion across the post-secondary institutions (PSIs) in Manitoba and a change agent across the MI-AP project.
The MI-AP Indigenous Stakeholder Engagement Lead formulates partnerships across the province of Manitoba to deliver value-added service to senior leadership and students to reflect the post-secondary educational requirements of Indigenous students in Manitoba. The MI-AP Indigenous Stakeholder Engagement Lead provides regular and ongoing coaching and input to leaders to successfully facilitate work integrated learning opportunities as related to the Indigenous inclusion initiative. To be successful in this area, the MI-AP Indigenous Stakeholder Engagement Lead must fully understand the overall Indigenous student experience, business climate, as well as corresponding implications for Indigenous students, research and business.
The MI-AP Indigenous Stakeholder Engagement Lead is integral to nurturing partnerships with Indigenous councils and the Indigenous Education Blueprint.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
• University degree in a related discipline is required.
• MBA graduate preferred.
• Minimum five years of directly related experience in a complex environment (i.e. government agency, university/college, large non-profit, Indigenous or corporate organization) is required.
• Minimum five years of experience working with senior leadership - preferably in a role that involved extensive interactions with a variety of stakeholders.
• Experience in writing high-level communications, reports and briefing notes for senior leadership and federal or provincial government and funding agencies is required.
• Proven experience with Indigenous organizations, elders and diverse communities is essential.
• Experience with the operation of post-secondary institutions' processes and guidelines, award protocols, Indigenous student support services for development and success is a definite asset.
• Experience in event planning and execution with strong attention to detail is required.
• Demonstrated experience working with Indigenous communities, on or off campus, is required.
• Experience in public speaking and making presentations to large groups of adults in an academic and professional industry setting required.
• Experience with diverse populations and those facing barriers to employment preferred.
• An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
THIS POSITION IS DESIGNATED FOR INDIGENOUS CANDIDATES. APPLICANTS MUST SELF-DECLARE ON THEIR COVER LETTER/RESUME AS INDIGENOUS (FIRST NATION, METIS AND/OR INUIT).
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
• Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
• Competitive vacation time.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program.
• A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
• Access to the University’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=12737
Closing Date: October 1, 2020
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.