Area Vehicle Inspector
|Company||BC Public Service|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure: Prince George and Terrace|
There is currently one (1) position available in Prince George, and one (1) position in Terrace.
Area Vehicle Inspector
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry strives to build and maintain a safe and reliable multi-modal transportation system and provide affordable, efficient and accessible transportation options for all British Columbians. The Ministry’s priorities include improving vital rural and urban infrastructure, investing in public transit, cycling infrastructure and other green modes of transportation, reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions and strengthening the economy through the movement of people and goods.
As a mobile Enforcement Officer, the Area Vehicle Inspector independently monitors and inspects vehicles, loads, licenses, insurance, drivers and carriers to ensure the protection of the highway infrastructure and public safety through enforcement and education, pertaining to various legislation and all pursuant regulations, programs and standards.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Certified Journeyman Mechanic [Commercial Transport, Heavy Duty, Automotive].
• BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence in good standing, with not more than nine points in the last five-year period.
• Due to the specific nature of the work, the following must be obtained (preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following):
• Air Brake training and/or endorsement.
• Provincial Peace Officer status.
• Emergency Vehicle Driving Courses [i.e., PTEC, EVO, CVSE Mobile Operators].
• Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance [CVSA] Certification.
• Dangerous Goods Certification.
• Speed Enforcement Certification/Qualification [i.e., RADAR, LASER/LIDAR].
• Special Enforcement Training [i.e., Justice Institute of BC – Investigative Enforcement Skills Certificate Program].
|Salary||$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by December 14, 2021|