|Company||Ministry Of Municipal Affairs|
|Job Category||Public Administration|
|Ministry of Municipal Affairs|
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
An excellent opportunity to provide high level administrative support
The Municipal Clerk performs the functions of a City Clerk/Director of Corporate Services in a local government setting and is responsible for managing the interface between residents and the Administration office. This position reports to the Manager, University Endowment Lands, and is expected to work both independently and in a team environment within the scope of the role assigned and must demonstrate initiative in applying procedures within established policies and guidelines. The Corporate Administrative Officer is given considerable latitude in exercising judgment and rendering decisions in a high-profile role.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- Grade 12 and a Diploma in Local Government Management, or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of office/corporate administration experience including:
- Experience managing processes and procedures, agenda setting, and reporting on proceedings of local elected councils/committees/Boards of Directors.
- Experience advising elected representatives about meeting procedures (e.g., Roberts Rules of Order).
- Experience working with and advising local elected council/committees of council/Boards of Directors on practices and procedures.
- Confidential corporate administration experience.
- Customer service experience in a public setting, including telephone and in-person.
- Experience in Accounts Payable.
|Salary||$49,464.27 - $55,838.67 annually|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by December 11, 2022,|