Community Relations Officer
|Location||Toronto Or Montreal|
|Province||Ontario or Quebec|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|The Community Relations Officer (CRO) is responsible for the effective development, delivery and evaluation of assignments within Canada. An assignment involves:|
- Working directly with a First Nations, Inuit, Metis or Northern client (organization, community, government, individual) to understand what they need
- Collaborating with CESO departments to recruit the right CESO Advisor
- Supporting the client and CESO Advisor to define objectives for the assignment
- Overseeing the assignments’ delivery- providing ongoing support to the client and the CESO Advisor as needed to meet the assignments’ objectives.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must have some work experience in Community Development or International Development. And to be successful in this role, the candidate must have strong experience and understanding of First Nations Communities and Indigenous businesses and organizations. This position is an 11-month contract. The work will be done remotely, and the successful candidate can be located anywhere in Canada.
- Identify and secure clients that need CESO advisory services and are interested in participating in assignments to address those needs.
- Collaborate with the client to define their service needs and expectations, coordinate completion of Request for Services form, develop and implement client contracts.
- Participate in a minimum of one local/regional networking or learning event per quarter
- On-going collaborations with the recruitment/coordination team to support the selection of volunteers whose background and experience best match the work requested by the client
- Ensures timely input into databases
- Follows up with clients after the commencement of the assignment, ensuring that it is running smoothly
- Investigates and handles any problems that arise with the client or volunteer
- Deliver excellent client service and assist with project management, from lead generation to completed assignment including the completion of evaluation metrics.
- On-going collaboration with volunteer advisors, staff and managers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 2-3 years of experience working in a project coordination role
• Proven client service skills
• Understanding of Indigenous and First Nations communities is required
• Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
• Strong relationship building skills
• Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database management
|Start Date||May 10th, 2021|
|How To Apply||Please forward your resume and cover letter with Community Relations Officer |
in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: April 23rd, 2021
Priority will be given to Indigenous applicants.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in our organization.