Special Municipal Constable
|Company||Vancouver Police Department|
|Job Category||Law Enforcement|
|The Vancouver Police Department employs Special Municipal Constables as jail guards, traffic authority, and community safety officers. A person is hired and trained to work in all three positions, and starts as an auxiliary employee. These positions provide relevant work experience for people pursuing a policing career.|
Community Safety Personnel (CSP) assist regular patrol officers with various lower-risk tasks, such as picking up statements, outside perimeter security at police incidents, transporting and tagging property, and providing support at major events and emergencies.
Jail Guards book, search, guard, escort, and take care of the people in our custody. They maintain records, jail security and prisoner safety.
Traffic Authority Members direct traffic at public, private, and community events.
|Start Date||June 2020 and September 2020|
|Salary||Traffic Authority Starts At $22.18hr, Jail Guard Starts At $26.63/hr, CSP Starts At $22.18/hr|
|Credentials||- minimum 19 years of age|
- Grade 12 diploma or GED equivalent
- excellent character
- physically fit and in excellent health
- Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- no Criminal convictions, no adult criminal charges pending
- valid BC Class 5 driver’s licence (or Canadian equivalent) with no restrictions and a good driving record
- valid Standard First Aid/CPR “C” certification
- vision corrected to 20/20 and must meet colour vision and hearing standards
|Education Requirements||Grade 12 diploma or GED equivalent|
|Additional Skills||- volunteer experience|
|How To Apply||Visit www.joinvpd.ca to learn more about the application process and how to apply.|