Business Efficiencies Consultant
|Company||Toronto Transit Commission|
|Requisition ID: 2589 |
Number of Vacancies: 1.00
Department: CEO's Office (20000050) - Chief Executive Officer's Office & Staff (30000080)
Salary Information: $83,246.80 - $104,067.60
Pay Scale Group: 9SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35, Off Days: Saturday, Sunday
Posted On: July 24, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 3, 2020
Reports to: Director, Business Transformation
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
Reporting to the Director – Business Transformation, the position is responsible to support the Director in the development of business opportunity reviews supporting the internal business efficiencies portfolio and for the coordination of forward looking initiatives across the organization. This role will also work with internal and external stakeholders in order to measure and document the value to be added to the organization as a result of various solutions. Business efficiency support will include the identification of opportunities to streamline business, support of the review of the core services offered by the TTC as well as policies and processes to support efficiency in decision making. This role will also work with external partners, consultants and research institutions to keep abreast of trends, innovations and technological advancements not being contemplated at the TTC, and review potential opportunities with the appropriate line of business for feasibility exploration.
Key Job Functions
• Primary support to the Director in engaging with and working with stakeholders across the organization to develop identified opportunities for enhancing efficiencies in business and in supporting development of ideas relating to internal processes.
• Works closely with lines of business and stakeholders at all different levels of the organization to find solutions to barriers to efficiency, and map out the journey to implementation.
• Works with stakeholders across the organization to document and quantify challenges faced by all lines of business, including all union work and different levels of employees, in terms of efficient and effective actions, and supports the development of solutions thereto.
• Meets with business representatives at all levels, meets with external agencies and partners, and work with consultants to conduct focus groups and surveys.
• Once gaps / opportunities / barriers are identified, works with stakeholders and internal / external partners to devise solutions and possible options.
• Works with parties to understand the legislative and policy frameworks surrounding the issues and solutions, in order to identify such constraints and discuss with the Director.
• Works with stakeholders across the organization to identify forward thinking strategies and solutions which are currently underway / ongoing.
• Works to identify future oriented opportunities existing in the market / industry which are not currently in consideration throughout the business.
• Works with varied lines of business to assess future oriented opportunities not currently being considered.
• May intake ideas from the business or external sources to preliminarily explore for presenting to the appropriate line of business.
• Works with internal and external stakeholders to maintain a central list of non-traditional revenue generation opportunities underway / and for future potential.
• Promotes a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC's commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC's policies.
• Participates in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
• Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
• Plan and organize activities / projects to meet section and organizational goals
• Manage projects
• Apply analytical skills
• Apply the principles and practices of quality assurance
Education and Experience
A completed university degree in a related field, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
• Strong business acumen and comprehensive knowledge of relevant policies and government legislation / regulations, and issues/initiatives related to areas of responsibility;
• Strong consultative skills;
• Demonstrated experience problem solving and working creatively through unique projects and innovative solutions;
• Sound judgment, and excellent project and change management skills;
• Proven planning, organizational and administrative skills;
• Well-developed analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
• Strong facilitation and communications skills;
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and co-ordinate the activities of others through effective delegation and management is essential;
• Experience in working with data, metrics;
• Working knowledge of a PC and associated Microsoft applications.
|How To Apply||To find out more about the TTC and to apply online, by August 3, 2020, please visit www.ttc.ca/jobs, click on “current employment opportunities” and enter Requisition ID 2589 in the search field.|
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at 416-393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.