Engineer, Indigenous Communities Practice
|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|About the Opportunity|
Our established Surrey office is looking to add a capable and enthusiastic Civil Engineer / Consultant to the existing team of professionals providing quality service with our Indigenous clients in the Fraser Valley. Municipal / Infrastructure engineering is an integral part of our diverse practice at Urban Systems. In this role, you will benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting and challenging projects that make a visible difference in many communities including local governments and First Nations.
We are looking for someone who shares our values and is excited to provide a high level of service for our clients. Coupled with the diverse learning and project experience opportunities, some of your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Hone your civil engineering skills, apply theory, and provide workable solutions for infrastructure planning design and planning, including roadways, water, sanitary, drainage, and housing.
- Connect our First Nation clients in the Fraser Valley, through continuous client relationship strengthening and active listening, to funding opportunities and the diverse breadth of services at Urban Systems (and beyond) including, but not limited to, Infrastructure Planning and Engineering, Active Transportation Planning and Engineering, Community Planning, Land Economics, Governance Policy, Economic Development Strategy.
- Build and grow relationships with existing project leaders and clients; proactively and professionally communicate with contractors, co-workers, clients, and the general public, providing trusted advisor and client liaison services.
- Prepare technical reports, plans, studies, proposals, and presentations.
- Coach and mentor younger professionals and collaborate with others to continue building our team.
- Preparing, with our design team, design drawings, construction details, specifications, cost estimates and contract documents.
- Collaborate with a diverse and interdisciplinary team of professionals to identify and support market opportunities, practice planning, and team development.
- Develop proposals, work plans, and budgets in response to clients needs and objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues to prepare engineering designs, cost estimates, capital and implementation plans, risk assessments, and related documentation; and
- Coordinate the efforts of multi-disciplinary teams through the development of concepts, detailed designs, and preparation of tender documents and contracts.
To ensure a successful launch, you will be partnered with coaches and peers, who will help you gain experience across the breadth of our interdisciplinary practice locally and across the company to become a successful consultant and engineer at Urban Systems.
The right candidate for this opportunity will be a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 7 years of experience and be registered or eligible for registration as a professional member with EGBC. In addition, the following attributes would be considered a benefit to this role:
- You have experience in, or are interested in, working with Indigenous communities, and municipalities in the Fraser Valley.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Ability to effectively deliver our services within multi-disciplinary, fast-paced, multi-year projects.
- Desire to take initiative and seek out opportunities to collaborate with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives.
- Ability and desire to collaborate and communicate with clients and internal teams, with the perspective of developing, in parallel to engineering experience, a consulting mindset.
- A keen interest in coaching and mentoring others.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and thrive in a self-directed work environment.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn't describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday November 28, 2022, at 9:00 am PST