Director Of Human Resources And Development
|Company||Kettle & Stony Point First Nation|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Position Summary: Reporting to the First Nation Manager/ CEO, the Director of Human Resources and Development is responsible for continued development and implementation of human resource management polices, processes as well as development programs for staff. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for all matters relating to human resources management and staff development as well as keeping the First Nation Manager/CEO informed.|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of and experience with the implementation of a performance management system that includes Performance Development Plans (PDP’s).
• Experience with developing a Strategic HR Management 5 Year Plan.
• Knowledge of and experience with developing organizational salary grids and job classifications systems.
• Outstanding communication skills to internal stakeholders, colleagues internal and external regarding HR Policies and Procedures, laws, standards and regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships and a professional presence.
• Employment Law proficiency.
• Experience with benefits, compensation Training & development program experience an asset.
• Demonstrates a high level of customer focus and service; Professionalism while keeping confidences and privacy.
• Successfully manage multiple projects and priorities, and allocate time effectively to meet deadlines; demonstrating time management skills.
• Demonstrate a strong attention to detail with high standards for quality of deliverables; being results oriented.
• Act as first point of contact and provide information to managers/immediate supervisors relating to their questions, concerns, or suggestions. Coaches, guides and advise managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving skills in resolving HR matters.
• Show tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature.
• Ensure the revision and up-date of personnel policies and procedures as required.
• Develop new policies and procedures as a direct result of legislation or common law practice.
• Excellent proficiency in financial skills.
• Excellent Conflict Resolution skills.
|Credentials||• CHRL designation preferred|
|Education Requirements||Education/Professional Requirements:|
• At a minimum: Masters/Honors degree in Business Administration/Management with an emphasis on Human Resources or Human Resources/Organization Development.
• At least 7-10 years Human Resources experience in progressive positions including First Nations.
• CHRL designation preferred.
• Professional Affiliations including law; benefits; employee relations; staff development; professional development.
• Understanding of organization structure, personnel policy, federal and provincial laws regarding employment practices.
• Experience with benefits, compensation, training and development an asset
|Experience||• At least 7-10 years Human Resources experience in progressive positions including First Nations.|
|Work Settings||Office setting|
|How To Apply||Please submit your sealed application, complete with a detailed resume and a minimum of three (3) work related references,|
By Friday October 16, 2020 – 4:00pm
TO: Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation,
ATTN: Human Resources Department - Director of Human Resources and Development
6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point First Nation, ON N0N 1J1
A full Job Description is available at the front reception
Interviews will be scheduled shortly after the closing date.
Only those applicants who meet the qualification standards and requirements will be interviewed. An updated CPIC and a reference check will be required for the successful candidate prior to final confirmation of employment