Assistant Librarian (Tenure Track)
|Company||St. Thomas More College|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|The librarian leads all library services including reference, teaching information literacy, collection development, acquisitions, cataloguing, and technologies. The successful candidate will have completed an ALA accredited Master of Library Science or equivalent and will have prior experience working in a post-secondary institution, preferably in a management role. Demonstrated ability to work with and train people on the use of systems used for digital archiving and digital scholarship initiatives is required.|
|Start Date||January 1, 2023|
|Salary||$81,678 (floor) To $98,178 (CDI Ceiling)|
|Education Requirements||-An ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science degree or equivalent library degree is required for this appointment.|
-A degree in the liberal arts is desirable.
|Essential Skills||Demonstrated Skills: |
- Collection analysis and evaluation skills with a particular focus on digital resources and databases.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and creativity.
- Initiative and self-motivation skills.
- Potential to meet the requirements for tenure and promotion through research and scholarly work.
- A commitment to developing professional knowledge and skills on a continuing basis.
- Prior higher education library experience, particularly in a management role, is desirable.
- Experience in a Catholic organization would be an asset.
- Experience leading projects to digitize print materials would be an asset.
- Experience or knowledge related to incorporating equity, diversity, inclusion (EDI) into public services, instruction, collection development, and overall professional practice would be an asset.
- Experience in archives and records management would be an asset.
- Experience managing staff would be an asset.
- Experience in library policymaking and best practices would be an asset.
- Experience managing an operational budget would be an asset.
|Work Settings||ST. THOMAS MORE COLLEGE (STM) is the Catholic liberal arts college federated with the University of Saskatchewan. In our mission statement, we affirm that "through our teaching we are devoted to a partnership of learning and growth with our students which addresses the synthesis of faith and reason in all aspects of the human condition. The creative discovery of truth and its open dissemination nourishes our life as teachers and members of the wider academic and Catholic intellectual community." Departments at STM collaborate with University of Saskatchewan departments in offering undergraduate and graduate programs in the humanities and social sciences.|
STM is located on the beautiful University of Saskatchewan campus, close to the Gordon Oakes Red Bear Student Centre (an Indigenous multipurpose facility and gathering place for members of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal campus communities). The University of Saskatchewan is located on Treaty 6 territory and the homeland of the Metis and is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
|Other||Demonstrated Knowledge: |
- An understanding of Catholic higher education.
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities facing the liberal arts in Canada.
- Awareness of current trends in liberal arts librarianship and the rapidly changing environment of scholarly communications.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, evidence-based professional practice.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, integrated library system software; demonstrated experience with Innovative Interfaces.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
Interested candidates must submit, via email, a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and any supporting documents to: Kerry Stefaniuk, Manager of Human Resources, St. Thomas More College, 1437 College Drive, Saskatoon, SK., S7N 0W6; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org