Finance Operations Analyst (Summer 2020) - 4 Month Co-op & Internships
|Company||BMO Financial Group|
|As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.|
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO. Returning students joining us in Summer 2020 will have the opportunity to attend a 3 day Student Leadership Summit held at the BMO Institute for Learning.
Interested in learning more about our campus program? Stay up-to-date with BMO Campus Recruitment by following us on Twitter @BMOonCampus & Instagram @BMO_on_Campus.
Note: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript. By applying for this general posting, you will be considered for a number of different student opportunities across multiple locations. If you are selected to move forward, you will be provided additional information.
Provides support and delivers operational processes to ensure timely and accurate processing of securities and trade transactions are booked correctly in systems for clean downstream settlement. Provides guidance and execution in the support and booking of new strategies, and daily capture of transactional information to support downstream analytics and financial accounting processes. Supports the maintenance of appropriate governance and controls over the trade capture process.
• Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
• May function as a problem-solving resource for more junior staff.
• Follows documented policies and procedures to execute day to day transactions, activities, processes and ensure all Service Level Agreements(SLAs) are met. Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
• Identifies and analyzes issues and problems, and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Deals with clients directly to resolve trade issues and/or escalates as required.
• Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
• Collaborates in development/implementation of new processes/systems and changes/improvements to existing systems and processes.
• Understands the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations and ensures appropriate actions are taken and operational integrity is maintained.
• Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
• Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
• Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed
• As a full-time employee, we would require 2-4 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
• You’re pursuing post-secondary education in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Analytics, Math or any other program relevant to the role!
• Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology – Good.
• Knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls – Good.
• Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business – Good.
• Prioritization skills – Good.
• Customer service skills – Good.
• PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – Good.
• Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
• Organization skills - Good.
• Collaboration & team skills - Good.
• Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
|Languages||See Job Description|
|How To Apply||To submit your application for this job, please go to:|
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.