|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Location||Fort St. John|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
If you're a self-starter who is motivated by providing top-notch service and support, our growing Peace Practice is looking for someone to join us as an Administrative Assistant. Do you like changing from task to task throughout your day? Can you stay calm in the face of changing priorities while keeping a welcoming and upbeat tone? If organization is your mainstay, you are energized working with lots of different people and you have some know-how in MS Office Suite, let's connect!
In this full-time role, you will play a key part of supporting our Urban Systems community. You will put your skills to work providing exemplary administrative services to our Dawson Creek and Fort St. John branches and supporting our business in the following ways:
- Office Coordination. Act as the first point of contact by greeting guests and coordinating telephone general inquiries. Acting as the point of contact for Health & Safety office procedures, ensuring the common areas are clean and organized throughout the day, including daily checks and maintenance, and general cleanup.
- Meeting and Event Coordination. Coordinate meetings, room bookings, catering requests, and staff functions across both branches.
- Travel Coordination. Be a main point of contact for travel-related requests in our two offices.
- Financial Coordination. Support accounting processes such as Visa reconciliation, bank deposits, AR tracking, invoice coding, timesheet and expense approval, petty cash management and reconciliation, and general office purchases.
- Operational and Premises Support. Keep up on office inventory and ordering office supplies, arrange for couriers/ mail, keep common areas clean and organized, manage equipment bookings and other office errands, help with security and office orientations, and building maintenance.
- Inter-Office Support. As our Fort St. John and Dawson Creek offices continue to grow, regular weekly or bi-weekly travel between the two offices is required to ensure all of the needs of both offices are being met.
- Branch Administrative Support. Respond to and coordinate a number of administrative tasks associated with supporting the continued growth and evolution of our business.
- Other duties as required.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service to our close-knit Peace region team and to Urban Systems' clients. A graduate of a relevant post-secondary program (e.g., office/business administration) with at least one year of experience in a professional office environment in a similar capacity would be preferred. Essential skills and abilities for this role are:
- You are quality focused - you are committed to working hard and providing an exceptionally high quality of work for all your clients, but you know how to have fun in your work too.
- You enjoy being in service - supporting the needs of people efficiently and effectively makes you happy.
- You get energized collaborating with people - you genuinely enjoy establishing relationships and rapport with different types of people while working cooperatively to reach a common goal.
- You are adaptable - change can be hard, but you are able to quickly shift and respond positively to changing conditions, priorities and technologies.
- You have superior time management skills - you can juggle multiple deliverables simultaneously, seeing the big picture while still paying close attention to the small details.
- You possess a growth mindset - you see your progress as incremental, and you are always keen to learn and grow over time.
- You enjoy and are experienced working in Word, Outlook and Excel - MS Office Suite is your thing.
- You possess a Class 5 driver's license, as this role will provide services to both our Dawson Creek and Fort St. John branches, and travel will be required on a regular basis.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn't describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday, February 6, 2023, at 10:00 am MST