Operations Analyst, Information Technology-1700021815
|Company||BMO Financial Group|
|The Operations Analyst is accountable for the availability of server based applications and services as well as the installation, maintenance, and support of server hardware, operation systems, and other infrastructure components. The Operations Analyst provides guidance and participates in the installation, configuration, and upgrade of application code. The role includes analysis, identification and resolution of complex problems, and 24/7 on-call duties for supported environments. |
• Provides guidance and assists in the setup and configuration of highly complex server based environments, including hardware setup, operating system and infrastructure component configuration, and application installation
• Verifies that regular maintenance activities (patches, service packs, upgrades) are carried out.
• Provides ongoing 24/7 support of supported system and services
• Prepares required support documentation
• Completes problem analysis and resolution, and leads Technical Recovery Teams in the restoration of service for highly complex problems
• Participates in post mortem meetings for root cause analysis of service impacting issues.
• Provides consultation in project and planning teams as part of hand-off between the Engineering and Operations teams
• Provides guidance and coaching to more junior team members
• Identifies and avoids any potential bottlenecks that might present a threat to system security or user services
• Tests and verifies security controls in fixes, and new or upgraded products Contributes to BMO Financial Groups overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Monitors, restores service, changes, supports, and handles day-to-day activities 7/24/365 required to Run the mission critical IT systems for the company ensuring business Service Levels are met, environments are managed.
• Monitors (infrastructure, applications, and business transactions/flows), maintains & restores service for the infrastructure, applications (online and offline), and security, while meeting service level agreements for infrastructure, applications, and data/reporting.
• Provides Help / Service Desk support, as well as coordinates and facilitates Incident Management, deploys changes to the production environment, and engages 3rd party providers contracted to the Bank during an incident. Executes fail-over and/or Disaster Recover of infrastructure and applications in support of business continuity plans of the company
• Participates in testing cycles with engineering and development teams to ensure the deployability (package deployment and infrastructure provisioning), and operability (monitoring, supportability…) of infrastructure and applications
• Deploys, implements, provisions applications and infrastructure per deployment plans and infrastructure build guides.
• Provides great customer service (promptness, politeness, professionalism, and personal attention) in support of the applications and infrastructure.
• Provides end to end IT Technology support for technology areas (e.g., computer, applications, network and storage, including root-cause analysis etc.)
• Provides initial triage, investigation and resolution of incidents. This may include deploying automated code to production, automated recovery scripts and runbook execution.
• Maintains perspective of IT Operations run-time environment and key interactions between IT Operations teams
• Provides IT support for technology areas across computer network and storage, including root-cause analysis.
• Supports other IT development and engineering teams by providing information/reports/data regarding infrastructure and applications performance, inbound calls, incidents, and changes as required by standard operating procedures
• Supports other IT development and engineering teams in their engagement with business and end-users
• Recommends approaches/changes to streamline and integrate technological processes and systems in the organization to improve overall efficiency and improve the bank.
• Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
• Documents and communicates assigned work, problems, issues and progress to immediate project team, and management in a timely manner
• Analyzes and resolves problems both independently and in a team setting. Completes analysis, design and programming of viable solutions for business problems. Researches and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
• Employs, develops, and/or recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
• Participates and engages with the appropriate matrix areas for Information Security.
• Works with development teams to build solutions that are utilize the enterprise monitoring / logging, are “self-healing”, and require minimal to zero maintenance.
• Proactively monitors system performance and anticipates operational improvements to ensure smooth and consistent customer and business partner delivery.
• Develops or helps to develop the knowledge assets required for the operation.
• Demonstrates ability to use all operations tools to effectively conduct operations activities.
• Supports all production activities, resolving critical issues on an ongoing basis to ensure consistent supply.
• Ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution
• Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
• Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
• Generally 0 to 2 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
• Proficient level of knowledge in domain
• Possesses excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills to and communicate effectively with other technology and business support groups.
• Understands the scope of complexity that exists across business value, technology, and interaction models.
• Understands the core business processes involved in the systems.
• Understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery including but not limited to IT Operations mandatory operating standards for monitoring, logging, and alerting.
• Knowledge of Infrastructure, monitoring and Help Desk operations.
• Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience.
• Knowledge of technical/business environment.
• Knowledge of the corporate operations processes and procedures.
• Experienced with multiple areas of systems and computer operations.
• Technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, tools, timing, and dependencies
• 3-5 years experience in Windows technical support environment of 1000+ users
• Supporting Banking applications is an asset
• Holds an MCSE or equivalent designation
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of supported Windows operating systems
• Displays sound knowledge of infrastructure applications
• Contains applied knowledge of ITIL processes including Problem and Change Management, and
• Configuration and Release Management
• Scripting knowledge
• Displays sound knowledge of application tools used to manage the environment (SCOM, SCCM, TSM, CLM, ePO etc)
• VMWare, ESX, vSphere
• Possesses solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Displays applied problem solving and analytical skills
• Illustrates sound customer service skills
• Demonstrates solid teamwork skills
• Exhibits solid coaching and leadership skills
• Is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and customer-service oriented
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
|Languages||See Job Description|
|How To Apply||To submit your application for this job, please go to:|
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
|Click for Details|