Electrical Instrumentation & Controls Technician - Thunder Bay
|We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously. |
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the North West Ontario Area Manager, this EIC Technician will operate and maintain natural gas compression and auxiliary equipment in a manner which meets operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements. In this role, you will be required to perform tasks from other disciplines.
Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training will be required. Travel will involve some overnight stays away from home base. (estimated up to 40% of work schedule)
*This position works a modified 9hr /day schedule which consists of:
Week 1: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day
Week 2: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day and 8 hrs on Friday
This position is overtime eligible, may be part of an on-call rotation and provides emergency support as required.
What you'll do
• Independently perform installation, testing, repair, operation and maintenance on compressor station equipment, and other facilities relevant to the pipeline system as required
• Perform routine and major maintenance on gas turbine packages, gas compressor units, meter station assets equipment and associated auxiliary equipment assist with pipeline asset maintenance
• Troubleshoot, test, & maintain shutdown devices, fire & gas systems, auxiliary systems, HVAC systems, relief and Over Pressure Protection devices, control valves, PLC’s & control systems
• Install & configure software in control systems
• Perform emergency repairs to meet customer and client needs
• Lead/manage the safe and efficient completion of low/medium complexity projects including the coordination and monitoring of contractor work activities or third-party active control
• Ensure facilities, personnel and contractors comply with TC Energy's safety, health, environment, and risk standards
• Complete all administrative functions related to position and duties
• Maintain core operational task qualifications
• Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel
• High school diploma or GED
• A fully certified Journeyman Electrician or Instrument Technician
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
• Experienced with the interpretation of technical reference documents, drawings, vendor manuals
• Ability to work independently in the execution of specific duties while sharing responsibilities in support of team and company objectives
• Completion of tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner including ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste is required
• Demonstrated ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned based on qualifications and experience
• Competent using equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems
• Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, maintenance management, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering and filing of various forms
• Other industry related certification and/or experience
• Computerized Maintenance Management System and SAP experience
• Previous experience with high pressure natural gas
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Current with technological advances in the compression field
• Fully competent and current with all Health, Safety and Environment standards and training
*This position requires candidates to:
• Have and maintain a valid class 5 driver's license
• Provide a driver's abstract for review
• Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing.
About our business
• TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|