Employee Relations Specialist
|Company||BC Public Service Agency|
|Location||Victoria, Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kamloops, Prince George, Or Nelson.|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|BC Public Service Agency|
This position may be located in any BC Public Service Agency office: Victoria, Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kamloops, Prince George, or Nelson.
Employee Relations Specialist
$76,200.06 - $107,800.00 annually
The BC Public Service Agency (PSA) provides leadership and services in people management. The Agency supports its clients in achieving their human resource goals and improves the overall effectiveness of the public service by providing human resource management policies and frameworks, as well as a variety of human resource services, products and programs.
Employee Relations provides specialist support services to ministry managers and Agency staff to promote effective employer/employee relations and to support achieving excellence in public service. As an Employee Relations Specialist, you function effectively in a challenging environment where your mediation/negotiation skills are tested daily and where your decisions impact the organization’s relationship with its employees.
The Employee Relations Specialist provides specialized expertise to supervisors/managers relating to the interpretation, application and administration of collective agreements, employment and related legislation and policy, conditions of employment, effective employee relations practices..
A highly effective communicator and seasoned professional, the Employee Relations Specialist will be required to conduct complex employee and labour relations investigations and lead or assist supervisors/managers through employee and labour relations investigations. These investigations may involve matters associated with collective agreements, human rights legislation and other government policy/legislation for both included and excluded public service employees; gathering evidence that is used by ministries to make decisions on any corrective action to be taken; and gathering evidence to prepare reports of finding for executive.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• A university degree in a related field (e.g. Business Administration, Industrial relations, etc.) and a minimum of 3 years' recent experience in a related human resources role in a unionized environment; OR
• A diploma in a related field and a minimum of 5 years' recent experience in a related human Resource rile in a unionized environment; OR
• an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Experience working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment and building relationships with partners and stakeholders.
• Preference may be given to applicants who have recent experience leading or directing employee/labour relations investigations.
|How To Apply||For more information and to apply online by January 14, 2021, please click Apply Now!|