BC Parks Area Supervisor
|Company||BC Public Service|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy: Williams Lake|
BC Parks Area Supervisor
BC Parks' mission is to protect important areas and their natural and cultural values, while providing outstanding recreation opportunities and to contribute to the well-being of British Columbians.
The BC Parks Area Supervisor is responsible for managing the delivery of services and activities in the areas of conservation, recreation, outreach, and division services within a complex park or group of parks and protected areas. The Area Supervisor represents BC Parks as front-line contact to agencies, the general public, non-government organizations, community, businesses, and First Nations for park and protected area specific issues.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Undergraduate degree in natural resource management, outdoor recreation management or a related field (biology, geology, natural resource management, recreational planning, forestry, fisheries, etc.), and three years related experience; OR,
- Two-year technical diploma in any of the above fields and five years of related experience; OR,
- Secondary school graduation and a minimum of seven years of related experience.
Related experience includes:
- Experience in natural resource management (such as ecosystem management, fish and/or wildlife management, forestry management, invasive species management, natural resource inventory and research, environmental impact assessment), cultural resource management (such as archaeological or cultural site management, archaeology), First Nation agreement management, and/or parks and protected area management encompassing a broad range of activities and initiatives related to the delivery of recreation and conservation programs and services including recreation facility management, natural resource management, inventory or research, park operations management, and/or compliance and enforcement; and/or
- Experience in outdoor recreation management (such as outdoor recreation planning, outdoor recreation facility development, operation and/or maintenance of outdoor recreations facilities, outdoor recreation service delivery); and/or
- Experience in compliance and enforcement related to natural resource or recreation management.
|Salary||$66,557.72 - $75,884.38|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by July 11, 2022|