Senior Analyst, Financial Solutions
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Job Requisition ID: 2422 |
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Sector: Assisted Housing
Language Designation: English/French Optional
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $62482 to $78102
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your financial analysis skills and your client focus to this Senior Analyst, Financial Solutions position.
This temporary-full time position (12 months) is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Financial Solutions team, where you will be responsible for performing the review, prioritization and approval of subsidy, contributions and loans applications under the National Housing Strategy (NHS) and existing Affordable Housing programs. You will also be responsible for the risk recommendations and decisions relevant to reviewing applications, financial assessments, mitigating risks, optimizing client service and achieving government program objectives.
How You Will Be Contributing
• Providing effective and efficient delivery of NHS and existing Affordable Housing programs in contribution to service standards.
• Reviewing, prioritizing, assessing financial viability and approving loan, subsidy and contribution applications and leveraging the various programs offered by Assisted Housing to find the most suitable solution for the proponents to achieve the expected results of the programs.
• Reviewing, prioritizing, assessing financial viability and approving affordable housing loan, subsidy and contribution applications within the associated policy framework and delegated financial authorities.
• Applying sound judgement and decision-making practices that are factual and based on well-reasoned financial analysis to derive recommendations and solutions in line with the expected results of the programs and within CMHC's risk appetite and government expectations.
• Working in partnership with clients, stakeholders, and various levels of government by offering advice, support and alternative solutions and communicating key decisions, interpreting policies and responding to inquiries related to NHS programs
• Serving as peer reviewer and approver on real estate investment and risk recommendation decisions within the financial authority limits.
• Providing input to shape functional policies, products, and processes.
• Supporting the preparation of briefing notes, submissions, issue papers, dockets, and responses to Ministerial and presidential correspondence related to the delivery of NHS and existing Affordable Housing programs.
What We Are Looking For
• Commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
• Bachelor's Degree such as Business, Finance, or Commerce with a minimum two (2) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
• Demonstrated experience working with financial viability assessments and loan approvals
• Demonstrated experience reviewing, evaluating and prioritizing loans, subsidies and/or contribution applications
• Knowledge of mortgage loan insurance, real estate, financial markets and credit risk analysis
• Knowledge of Assisted Housing programs
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Strong decision-making skills
• Successful completion of a professional association designation would be considered an asset
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Project Management
What CMHC Has To Offer
• Competitive Total Compensation package
• Competitive Annual Salary
• Comprehensive flex benefit program
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan starting January 1, 2018
• Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
• In-house learning and development opportunities
• Career Growth Opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
• Various onsite amenities
|How To Apply||APPLY today |
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 16, 2019 however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
* Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
* Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
* We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
* If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
* Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
* All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
* Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
* Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
A = Beginner Level
B = Intermediate Level
C = Advanced Level
E = Exempt
P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities