Administrative Assistant To Associate Deans - School Of Nursing And Health Sciences
|This position is accountable to the Associate Dean of the Saskatchewan Polytechnic School of Nursing and School of Health Sciences and provides senior level administrative support. More specifically:|
1. Act as a first-line response, troubleshoot/respond to urgent matters and requests, and provide information to management, faculty, staff, students and external agencies.
2. Anticipate administrative requirements and handle routine matters, ensure efficient and effective flow of work through the office and ensure quality output.
3. Independently organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
4. Maintain a high level of confidentiality for items of a sensitive nature
5. Prepare and calculate expense claim forms.
6. Reconcile procurement card expenditures.
7. In the absence of the Associate Dean, monitor emails for high priority items and follow through as appropriate.
8. Develop and maintain a bring-forward system (both electronic and manual).
9. Prioritize incoming mail by identifying signature required, action, and reading items. Track items that require dated response.
10. Arrange and attend meetings. Record and transcribe minutes and ensure distribution of the same. Provide a list of action items and assist in maintaining bring-forward system.
11. Initiate, adjust and maintain daily schedule for the Associate Dean.
12. In collaboration with the Associate Dean /Dean's Office/Operations Analyst review and interpret monthly budget reports and seek and/or provide clarification for existing discrepancies.
13. Provide necessary support for preparation of presentations and workshops.
14. Organize and maintain filing systems.
15. Provide administrative assistance and support to the Dean's Office as necessary.
|Credentials||Training or experience at the advanced level in the use of word processing and spreadsheet/database packages (i.e. MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).|
Training and/or experience in minute taking and transcribing minutes.
|Education Requirements||Certificate in Business/Office Administration, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience|
|Experience||Three (3) years recent/relevant experience in office administration. (i.e. working with multi-programs, departments and outside agencies).|
Effective interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now''|