Account Representative, Financial Institutions - Atlantic Region
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Sector: Client Solutions |
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $64465.23 to $80581.54
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Client Relations team within the Office of the SVP, Client Solutions sector. This sector collaborates with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. As a key member of the customer relations team, you will promote and deliver training and information on mortgage insurance products and services. You will establish and maintain effective business relationships with our financial institution partners and CMHC stakeholders. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual with strong marketing and customer relations skills and a keen sense of how to deliver effective group presentations and training to achieve professional goals, while helping us to make housing affordable for all in Canada.
Please note that this is for the following locations: Halifax – NB, NS, NWFLD and PEI
What you will need
• Bachelor’s degree in administration, preferably with a specialization in commerce or marketing, and at least 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining client relationships.
• Demonstrated experience in communicating information to various audiences.
• In-depth knowledge of mortgage lending activities, in particular CMHC's mortgage loan insurance products and services for owner-occupied, multi-family dwellings, and the National Housing Strategy.
• Ability to build and maintain client relationships and recognize business opportunities.
• Excellent marketing and business development skills, with a flair for delivering effective group presentations and training.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals.
• Excellent organization and time management skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to achieve results, deliver quality work and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information.
• Excellent interpersonal (tact and diplomacy) skills including the ability to persuade others.
• Self-starter with good organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) and competent in technology.
• Bilingualism will be considered a strong asset.
What you will be doing
• Developing and maintaining strong ties and long-term relationships with financial institution partners and recognize business opportunities.
• Analyzing and synthesizing a wide variety of information, such as volume reports, client activity profiles and market analysis data, to develop and execute sales strategies to promote CMHC mortgage loan insurance within a portfolio of Financial Institution clients
• Managing the relationship with clients in your portfolio, including business volumes, client activity profile, lender retention, lender usage of CMHC’s emili interface software, and increased visibility through planned client visits, training programs and business development initiatives.
• Delivering presentations and training at client events and participating in training and information activities as part of strategic client support.
• Managing your assigned portfolio, including the budget and other resources, to ensure optimum client service and efficiency.
• Acting effectively by teaming up with the other members of the Client Relationship management team.
|How To Apply||Does this sound like you?|
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4985
Primary Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Other Location(s): New Brunswick, Newfoundland, P.E.I
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Frequent
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.