Advisor, First Nations Relations
|Company||Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development|
|Location||Fort St John|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development|
Fort St John
Advisor, First Nations Relations
$65,252.73 - $74,396.51 annually
Two (2) positions are available.
The First Nations Relations Advisor conducts First Nations consultation for individual and coordinated statutory authorizations supporting natural resource development in the Northeast region. The position conducts consultation according to government policy and negotiated agreements to ensure it occurs in a legally defensible manner. This work includes facilitating meetings and correspondence, building relationships with regional First Nations, advising ministry staff and industry on consultation requirements and providing recommendations to statutory decision makers on how these authorizations should proceed with respect to First Nations’ rights and interests.
Check out this video to learn more about working in Northern British Columbia.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in in related field (Such as Indigenous Studies, Natural Resource or Environmental Management, Land Use Planning, Land Use Management, Resource Economics) and a minimum 1 year related* experience, OR
• Technical Diploma in a related field (Such as Indigenous Studies, Natural Resource or Environmental Management, Land Use Planning, Land Use Management, Resource Economics) and a minimum of 2 years related* experience, OR
• Five (5) years of an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience may be considered.
*Related experience must include two or more of the following:
• Experience working with and building collaborative relationships with First Nations or Indigenous communities. Preference may be given to applicants with this experience in areas of natural resource or environmental management or land use stewardship.
• Experience leading or supporting consultation, negotiations, developing and/or supporting agreements. Preference may be given to applicants with this experience with First Nations.
• Experience participating in consultation, negotiations or facilitation of sessions with First Nations. Preference may be given to applicants with this experience related to land use or natural resource management issues.
• Experience addressing divergent perspectives, negotiating or facilitating solutions or compromises to complex issues and resolving or mitigating conflict.
|How To Apply||For more information and to apply online by June 2, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/69213|