Information Technology Manager - Business Architecture & Analysis Team
|Company||Office Of The Auditor General Of Canada|
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Want to Work for One of Canada’s Top Employers? The OAG is the place for you!|
The Office of the Auditor General of Canada (OAG) was recently selected as one of the National Capital Region’s Top Employers, and here is why:
The OAG takes pride in having a workplace that respects and values the different backgrounds and talents of our employees, which are highlighted through cultural festivals and awareness campaigns. We recognize our employees’ personal needs outside the office and promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle through flexible work arrangements and generous time off policies. We offer peace of mind through a comprehensive benefits package that includes a pension plan, health and dental plan, disability benefits and an Employee Assistance Program. To learn more about the benefits of working at the OAG, visit our website.
By joining the OAG, you can also make a difference for Canadians. The OAG ensures that Canada’s federal and territorial governments are accountable and productive. We conduct independent audits and studies that provide objective information, advice and assurance to Parliament, territorial legislatures, boards of crown corporations, government and Canadians.
About this job
The Business Architecture & Analysis team is a collaborative, motivated and dynamic team responsible for linking strategy to execution and plays an integral role in strategic initiatives. We take an agile and user-centered approach to designing and delivering the highest-value, business outcome driven solutions for our clients.
The Information Technology Manager of the Business Architecture & Analysis team proactively and holistically leads and supports EA activities that strategically guide business and operating models, people, processes and technology. They help prepare the business to become resilient and future-fit.
They work closely with strategy and business leaders to create alignment between business and IT. The Information Technology Manager of the Business Architecture & Analysis team clarifies strategic intentions, identifies business outcomes, explores implications, impacts and risks, and addresses stakeholders’ questions.
They create deliverables for business leaders that support organizational change and investments in response to disruptive forces and toward achieving targeted business outcomes. The Information Technology Manager of the Business Architecture & Analysis team facilitates discussion around the construction of business models, which may include technology, business capabilities, value-streams and processes and other key business architecture deliverables.
The Information Technology Manager of the Business Architecture & Analysis team helps strategy and business leaders understand, apply, monetize and operationalize existing, new, and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models.
You’ll need to accomplish the following things:
1. Oversee the work of a team of business analysts and optimize delivery practices, processes and communication channels in a changing and complex environment
2. Align with multi-disciplinary team members around the OAG’s mission and ensure that efforts are leading to desired, measurable outcomes
3. Together with the Enterprise Services and Digital Engagement teams, build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders based on trust, openness and collaboration
4. Organize and facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to better understand business needs, product life cycles, opportunities, challenges and pain points.
5. Create strategies to map, assess and align business capabilities with organizational strategy and business outcomes
6. Monitor trends in both the team’s health, as well as capacity and proactively take action in order to maintain both dimensions at an optimal and sustainable level
7. Advocate for and apply business outcome driven enterprise architecture and agile best practices based on the context of the team and the business unit;
8. Lead by example in demonstrating a culture of learning, wellbeing and transparency
|Salary||$101,900 To $126,405|
|Languages||Bilingual Imperative (English & French)|
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
Who can apply?
(1) OAG employees, or (2) persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Note: If there are not sufficient applicants from the first (1) area of selection, assessment will be expanded to include the second (2) area of selection.
Information to provide
Candidates must submit a 2-page-maximum curriculum vitae (CV) and provide a one page summary (max 300 words) describing examples of work completed related to the position. Please prepare your documents in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), or PDF.
Closing date: 8 August 2021 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST).