|This position acts as a resource person and first point of contact for students, staff, faculty, and the general public regarding admissions, registration, scholarships and awards, and graduate program policies and procedures. This position provides support for admissions and/or registration processes including confirming admissions documentation is received, and gathering, uploading, and reviewing the data for applications. This position provides academic advising support to students. This position also performs accounting and general bookkeeping activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, expenses, award budgets.|
- Acts as a resource person and first point of contact for students, staff, faculty, and the general public regarding admissions, status of applications, registration, scholarships and awards, degree lists, and graduate program policies and procedures.
- Provides support for admissions and/or registration processes including confirming admissions documentation is received, gathering, uploading, and reviewing the data for applications, entering data into databases, generating reports, preparing admission letters, course registration, and maintaining records.
- Provides academic advising support to students.
- Administers, organizes and/or schedules, assignments examinations and/or defenses.
- Provides administrative support to the department and/or unit including scheduling, meeting coordination, room bookings, and office supplies.
- Supports and tracks accounting and bookkeeping activities within the department, including tracking budgets, reimbursements, honorariums, awards, accounts payable and receivable.
- Complies and processes application packages for major external and internal scholarship competitions, fellowships, and financial awards.
- Supports departmental communications including drafting letters, website copy, promotional materials, social media updates, and newsletters.
- Supports accommodation arrangements for students by arranging room booking, equipment setup, ordering, and distributing materials.
- Three-year Community College Diploma or Three-Year Bachelor Degree, or equivalent.
- More than 2 years and up to and including 3 years of experience.
Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge and insight of practical methods, techniques, and work processes that is typically acquired through a combination of technical training and/or substantial work experience.
- Provide information to others that requires technical or administrative explanation or interpretation.
- Attempts to resolve a difficult or challenging interpersonal situation, or overcome resistance to gain.
- Adapt messages to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Manage own work and may train and review the work of casual employees, work study students, and/or volunteers, to see commitments through to completion.
- Participate in project team meetings and is involved in developing individual and team project plans.
- Identify new problems and seeks information and input to fully understand the cause.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work processes.
- Break down concrete issues into parts and synthesizes information succinctly.
- Respect diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
- Awareness of relevant legislation, including Employment Equity, Human Rights legislation, Treaties, sexual violence legislation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and its regulations.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |