Junior Business Analyst
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|The Solution Development directorate of the Information Technology Services department is looking for a Junior Business Analyst to identify business needs within the Queen's community and help research new tools and processes to address those needs. The position falls within the Solution Engineering, Teaching & Learning and Personal Empowerment team and will typically involve working with educational technologies, collaboration tools, or research tools.|
This role requires an individual with strong planning and organizational skills, with a desire to use these skills to meet new technology demands and provide ways to effectively serve the needs of our faculty and students.
Collaboration is critical to the success of this role. As a member of a Solution Engineering team, you will work with key stakeholders, systems developers, systems analysts, engineers, technical operations staff and other professionals through the full development and project lifecycle.
If you would like to liaise with Queen’s stakeholders to address technical changes to meet current and future business requirements; if you have been waiting to unleash your business analyst skills in an environment where you are limited only by your imagination, and if you enjoy translating ideas into reality, then we have a role for you. Apply to join the Solution Engineering, Teaching & Learning and Personal Empowerment team of IT Services as a Junior Business Analyst.
• Understands, collaborates, liaises and communicates with both internal and external business units to both plan and provide for information systems changes to meet both current and future requirements.
• Understands, collaborates, liaises and communicates with business owners, stakeholders and system users as necessary to enhance the adoption and usage of information systems support for operations (e.g. – report definition, application configuration and rules definition, workflow processes, system enhancements/upgrades, etc.).
• Creates, reviews and edits business requirements and process documentation, while providing input to meet user needs and system requirements.
• Participates in application design meetings, preparing requirements and design specifications.
• Maintains an understanding of data definitions as well as data usage within supported applications, including how to access and retrieve data for inquiry and reporting purposes.
• Ensures updates and changes to any application configurations meet change management and security specifications.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders (business owners and identified training support staff,) to support the coordination and / or delivery of training in various formats. Updates training materials and documentation.
• Provides 3rd level help desk support (occasionally required on-call after normal business hours.
• Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
• Provides support in quality reviews of tasks and ensures adherence to standard project and business analysis methodology.
• Informs management of any information that may identify challenges to project schedules, missed project deliverables, incomplete tasks or inaccurate results.
• Continues to advance technical and business skill competency in relevant area to maximize shareholder value by keeping current on evolving system and business process capabilities.
• Undertakes other duties as required to support unit / department.
• University degree in related area, combined with 1 to 3 years of related experience working with administrative information systems, preferably in a university environment.
• Previous experience with collaboration tools or educational technologies is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of university processes with Queen’s experience preferred.
• Demonstrated training in systems development implementation methodology, and project implementation.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working with Others: actively seeks ideas from multiple sources for consideration to improve the performance of the team(s). Shares thoughts and information with all levels of expertise. Ensures that one’s own behaviour does not negatively impact others when faced with complex situations.
• Inclusivity: welcomes an inclusive environment and coach’s others to address and support those who may feel vulnerable. Ensures the diverse group receives opportunities for fair treatment regardless of background.
• Communication: actively listens to the concerns of others. Demonstrates a strong ability to gather factual details before responding. Whether in person or in writing, takes a careful approach when sharing complex information to ensure the explanation is understood.
• Customer Service and Support: actively engages the customer or team member and evaluates their needs in a timely manner. Establishes plans and organizes work to meet or exceed the deadlines. Periodically, conducts plan reviews and provides an update to client/customer and recommends any process efficiencies.
• Planning/Organizing: takes an active role in analyzing problems regarding resources/deliverables that may impact deadlines or standards and escalates for discussion and resolution. Plans medium-term requirements and provides insight into scope of potential problems and identifies possible solutions.
• Continuous Improvement: takes an active role to identify ways to improve department processes, and quality of customer service. Seeks to understand how to become more effective in own position. Participates in continuous learning by acquiring new knowledge that will add value to self and team.
• Attention to Detail: actively works to address quality problems by sharing concerns with team and manager. Understands the details of the problem and identifies solutions. Seeks to understand the nature of (new/existing) assignments as it relates to own role and the expected results.
• Adaptability and Support for Change: takes an active role to positively support team members through change. Supports change by generating new ideas and offering suggestions that will benefit the team.
• Makes decisions regarding design, set-up, definition, and related aspects of project work assignments within functional area.
• Makes recommendations based on the results achieved through consensus building sessions, which have a direct impact on how requirements and deliverables are established.
• Makes decisions on completeness of all related process tasks aligned with business unit priorities.
• Determines type and level of information needed by management to support decision making, or if and when escalation is needed.
• Determines appropriate strategy and content when developing training documents based on audience.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|