Procurement And Contract Analyst
|Company||BC Public Service|
|Job Category||Public Administration|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General|
Procurement and Contract Analyst
$56,032.51 - $63,565.27 annually
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
Emergency Management British Columbia (EMBC) is the lead coordinating agency in the provincial government for all emergency management activities. As such, EMBC’s mission is to be responsible to British Columbians for leading the management of provincial level emergencies and disasters and supporting other authorities within their areas of jurisdiction. EMBC works directly with local governments, First Nations, provincial ministries and agencies, federal departments, other jurisdictions, industry and volunteers in hazard mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
As a Procurement and Contract Analyst, you will provide expert advice, assistance, and support to help manage the agency’s procurement life-cycle for intermediate to complex procurement practices during regular business and emergency response. You will also be helping to identify and recommend procurement options to meet program needs, along with conducting cost/benefit analysis to identify alternative options in addition to detecting risks and issues while planning for contingencies.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Secondary school graduation, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• Completion of Procurement Contract Management Program (PCMP) Levels 1, 2 and 3 or equivalent post-secondary training in contract/business/financial management.
• Minimum of 2 years’ recent (within the last 5 years) experience in contract management.
• Experience in the full procurement life cycle and analyzing complex issues, evaluating options and recommending solutions.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
• Government transfers.
• Corporate Accounting System and with forms development.
• Government procurement policies and procedures.
|How To Apply||For more information and to apply online by August 5, 2021, please click Apply Now!|