Director Talent Acquisition & Retention
|Company||University Of Windsor|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|The University of Windsor acknowledges that our campus sits on the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations, which includes the Ojibwa, the Odawa, and the Potawatomi. The University of Windsor is a globally relevant, regionally focused University that welcomes over 16,000 students in a range of comprehensive and research-intensive graduate and undergraduate programs. The University has also identified its critical strategic role within the local community and beyond by focusing on key priorities such as knowledge creation, economic diversification, labour-force stability, quality of life and cultural vibrancy, contributing to an active, well-informed citizenry and civic leadership. The University has also launched its Strategic Planning Process in the Fall of 2021, Aspire: Together for Tomorrow that aims to further identify strategic priorities and an institutional vision for the future.|
The University of Windsor is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and dedicated individual who will continue to build, manage, and advise on best-in-class talent acquisition and retention strategic functions. Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Human Resources, the Director, Talent Acquisition & Retention cultivates and fosters community partnerships supporting talent enticement, and strategic relationships with key individuals and campus-wide stakeholders, including the Office of the VP, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion to achieve improved delivery, collaboration, and a consistent, inclusive approach to talent acquisition, ultimately contributing towards an overall culture of equity.
The Director will develop and oversee transformational initiatives that support the recruitment and retention of staff, including both managerial, and non-academic senior leader positions. Other key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to talent acquisition & retention strategies, onboarding strategies, compliance, and continuous improvement with establishment of KPIs/metrics within its portfolio. As a senior leader within the Human Resources team, the Director, Talent Acquisition & Retention will also work cross-functionally with other senior leaders within Human Resources.
|Essential Skills||Education, Experience and Knowledge|
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Five (5) years' experience in talent acquisition and retention.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically, and from an organizational perspective, and to translate into practical, implementable solutions appropriate to the organizational context.
- Demonstrated commitment for promoting and imbedding Indigenization, equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility in the in the delivery of strategic human resources services.
- Recognize and address equity, diversity and decolonization issues through policy and practice.
- Understanding of current employment regulations and status, as well as an understanding of protocols in labour practices and collective agreement administration relevant to recruitment.
- Experience with HRIS systems and other HR Systems and tools.
- Possess excellent relationship and communications skills, a consultative leadership style, a passion for leading change and transformation.
- Proven capacity to identify and establish effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional senior team member, as well as the ability to collaborate and partner/consult effectively with diverse senior leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing others, including providing feedback, mentoring, coaching, and assessing performance.
- The ability to always exercise tact and diplomacy while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in the areas of HRIS systems and MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
|Additional Skills||Preferred Qualifications|
- Experience within the Post-Secondary sector
- Expertise with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
When applying for a job posting, please include a cover letter, resume and the Application for Employment and send these documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line the posting reference number which is found in the job posting.
PDF files are preferred, but Microsoft Word and Rich Text Formatted (RTF) documents are also accepted.