|Company||Ministry Of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations And Rural Development|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development: Williams Lake |
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 per cent of the province’s allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber.
BCTS also supports government’s commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The Operations Technologist is responsible for developing operating standards, implementing new forest management practices, contract management, coordinating technical activities, monitoring adherence to legislative and environmental standards and providing technical expertise to staff in one or more of the following areas: tenure development, road and block layout, silviculture, timber tenure administration and forestry contract administration.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Graduation from an approved technical institute with a diploma or degree in resource or forestry management and three years of experience in one or more operational field forestry activities.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience such as five years of experience in one or more area of operational field forestry.
• Operational field forestry activities include the following:
o Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
o Cut-block development
o Forest road engineering
o Timber tenure development and administration
• Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a Registered Forest Technologist or equivalent.
• Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
|Salary||$60,998.61 - $69,422.06 annually|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by November 1, 2021,|