Representative, Mail Room & Reception (Temporary - 6 Months)
|ABOUT US |
We're one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, with CAD$230.5 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2022.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montreal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world's top companies. At PSP, you'll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Representative, Mail Room & Reception, you'll:
Mail & Courier Services
- Pick up Canada Post mail from PO box daily
- Process, sort and deliver all incoming mail pieces
- Perform six (6) scheduled daily interoffice delivery "runs" within the facility to and from on-floor stations to deliver incoming mail/ couriers/ interoffice packages
- Receive all inbound couriers and enter them into the mail scan solution
- Audit received goods against PO; release; follow up with Accounts Payable as needed
- Notify recipient(s) by phone of any 'urgent' inbound courier packages upon arrival; determine ad-hoc immediate delivery or delivery on next scheduled run
- Deliver all inbound courier packages received by 4:00pm on the same day of receipt
- Provide for 'urgent' retrieval and delivery requests by dispatching a staff member as soon as possible
- Process all outbound Canada Post mail and courier packages following end user instruction
- Liaise with Canada Post and Courier service providers (Purolator, FedEx, etc.)
- Deliver inbound newspapers throughout the office
- Manage replenishment of Canada Post funds for postage meter; maintain postage tracking records
Office Supply Management
- Monitor supply inventory levels and re-order supplies as inventory levels meet the established re-order point
- Submit general office supply order using Customer-approved vendor(s)
- Verify orders received against invoices and return any product received in error
- Deliver requested office supplies to end users daily upon receipt of inbound shipment
Temporary access card management
Scanning and printing service
Reception Relief, provide reception coverage when needed
Answer various service requests
Perform all tasks related to the Administrative Services mission
Documentation of procedures and Continuous improvement
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Good organization skills
- Customer focus
- Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good judgment, discretion and courteous attitude
- Demonstrated initiative
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- Respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Technical requirements (e.g. Excel, MS Office)
- Bilingualism required
- Education level, Diploma of Collegial Studies, an asset.
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
- Competitive pension plans
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Generous and inclusive paid family leave
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Investment in career development
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Vaccination: We are committed to a healthy and safe work environment. As a Canadian Crown Corporation with offices around the world, we adhere to Canadian and local government guidelines regarding COVID-19. Vaccination is not currently a mandatory employment criteria. However, this is subject to change, depending on Canadian and local government guidelines.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now"|