|Company||Ministry Of Forests|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|An eligibility list may be established to fill future vacancies in Fort Nelson.|
The BC Wildfire Service is a unique program of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing and managing wildfire on the landscape. With a workforce of approximately 1,600, the program's staff are dedicated to delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect values, while encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems. For more information, visit our site: BC Wildfire Service.
The Wildfire Officer is responsible for providing leadership and ensuring implementation of the fire management program within a fire zone. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to join a dynamic and collaborative team, we look forward to your application.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Salary||$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 Annually, Plus A $49.75 Bi-weekly Isolation Allowance|
|Education Requirements||- Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent knowledge, plus two (2) years' recent, related experience; or,|
- Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge, plus four (4) years' recent, related experience; or,
- Secondary school graduation plus six (6) years' recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and training.
|Experience||- Related experience is defined as operations or other disciplines related to natural resource management.|
- Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in program or project management.
- Demonstrated experience working on land and resource management issues.
- Preference may be given to candidates with senior Fireline Certification (ex. Type 2 or higher) or Incident Commander 3.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence or equivalent.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by March 27, 2023,|