Indigenous Engagement Coordinator - RES006338
|Company||Government Of Saskatchewan|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|The Ministry of Agriculture has an exciting opportunity as an Indigenous Engagement Coordinator, the role requires a highly-skilled, independent and well organized individual to provide Indigenous engagement support to the Indigenous Engagement Unit and the Ministry as a whole. This position in located in the Regina office.|
Reporting to the Senior Indigenous Advisor, the Indigenous Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and coordinate Indigenous events, projects and support the Ministry establish and maintain high levels of credibility, integrity, and trust within and between the ministry, industry stakeholders and Indigenous people of the province through partnerships and dialogue forums;
- Engage with the Ministry partners, stakeholders, and Indigenous Nations to identify strategies to capitalize on opportunities and overcome barriers in agriculture;
- Build and enhance relationships with First Nations and Metis people on advancing agriculture sector capacity;
- Provide cultural interpretation and guidance to protocols, language, tradition / values / beliefs, and cultural distinctions to ministry branches;
- Provide superior administrative support in the day-to-day operations and functions for the Indigenous Engagement Unit (manage calendars, arranging meetings, filing, mail, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to understand, coordinate, communicate and collaborate internally across all branches on Indigenous ways of knowing and being, while maintaining clarity and respectful teamwork within the Ministry in a one-team approach
The successful candidate must be a team player, able to both lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation in their work.
Our candidate of choice will self-declared as Indigenous and will have the following knowledge of:
- Indigenous and Treaty land inherent rights, Duty to Consult, 94 Calls to Action and Indigenous issues at the provincial and regional level;
- First Nation communities' and their governance models, Tribal Councils, Independent First Nations and the Metis Nation-Saskatchewan;
- Engagement and protocols with Elders, (e.g., Elder's prayer, honorariums and providing Oskapewis duties (Elder's helper) Knowledge Keepers, Chiefs, Indigenous organizations and Indigenous people as a whole;
- Office and/or administrative procedures, protocols, and equipment;
- Working knowledge of government structures, processes, responsibilities, operation, and relations is an asset.
- A language Indigenous to Saskatchewan is an asset
- Facilitate meetings, collaborate problem-solve build consensus and assist in leading projects, initiatives and events;
- Communicate exceptionally and the ability to understand, coordinate, and collaborate internally across all branches on Indigenous ways of knowing and being, while maintaining clarity and respectful teamwork within the Ministry in a one-team approach;
- Handle a high degree of confidentiality, attention to details and demanding priorities;
- Effectively guide and coach colleagues to meet work objectives and maintain a positive work environment and relationship building through sharing of Indigenous knowledge.
- Ability and willingness to travel (valid driver's license).
Typically, the competencies in this position would be obtained through a post-secondary Degree or combination of formal education and extensive experience in a progressively responsible related experience.
What we offer:
-> Dynamic, challenging work for talented individual
-> A competitive salary
-> Comprehensive benefits package including pension
-> Vacation, scheduled days off, and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave)
-> Inclusive work environments
-> Advancement opportunities
-> Flexible work arrangements
The Ministry's deep-rooted values system of innovation, teamwork, integrity, service excellence and leadership at all levels serves as the foundation to ensure results are achieved. The successful candidate must be a team player, able to both lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation in their work.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If interested please go to www.saskatchewan.ca/careers. Click on jobs available to the public, then click on non-permanent.
You can search for this job using its competition number : RES006338. OR click "Apply Now" on this ad