|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Urban Systems is looking to hire a full-time The Project Administrator will support our growing Vancouver Island practice. Working alongside our network of interdisciplinary project leaders and professionals, the Project Administrator will contribute to our external image and ensure consistency across our project deliverables.In addition, you will help ensure that we are seen as an organization that takes its work seriously from inception to completion, with a professional and creative approach.
We are looking for a professional that is keen to learn and engage on a range of activities that support our business and project delivery. More specifically, as a Project Administrator, you will be responsible for:
• Project and Contract Administration – proactively support the coordination of projects throughout all phases from initiation to completion. This may include monitoring projects, drafting documents and coordinating paperwork for Project Managers’ review in anticipation of project milestones. You will be involved in all aspects of contract administration when necessary, including formal document preparation, tendering, execution, obtaining paperwork, preparing progress draws, issuing standard letters, communicating with project stake holders and coordinating other administrative details.
• Financial Administration - track established budgets and provide regular updates to Project Managers; coordinate sub consultant billings and assist with client’s billings including preparation of draft invoices and liaising with the accounting department. Utilize various reporting tools as well as create additional financial reporting tools as required by individual Project Managers.
• Team Coordination – track project team schedules to monitor project status and milestone dates: monitor existing and projected workloads for resource allocation, coordinate team meetings; take meeting minutes and follow-up on action items; liaise with team regarding branch and companywide administrative and quality system procedures, coordinate meetings and provide administrative support to team members as required.
• Proposal Production – research, coordinate, edit and write content for proposals, reports, resumes and other project-related documentation. Review and copy editing to ensure documents are accurate, consistent, and well-written. Ensure overall presentation of proposals are consistent with Urban branding and quality. Track, update and maintain proposal support documentation.
• Correspondence and Document Production – draft project correspondence with minimal instruction; use a variety of software to create correspondence, reports, presentation, schedules and budgets. Develop knowledge of the quality system and liaise with team members to ensure that protocols and standards are being met in terms of project administration/management, documentation, peer review, etc.
• Branch Support – Leading a number of administrative tasks associated with supporting the continued growth and evolution of our business.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service both to the internal team and to Urban Systems’ clients. Experience in a professional services firm in a similar capacity is an asset, but not required, as our priority is to fill the position with the right candidate who is eager to learn and maintains a positive attitude and enthusiasm to help. In addition, we are looking for the following skills, strengths and abilities:
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field;
• Two or more years’ experience in a professional office, ideally in a similar capacity;
• Technically proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with excellent grammar and formatting skills to compose proposals, letters, meeting minutes, and memos;
• Proven ability to organize and coordinate work and flexibility to manage changing priorities;
• Knowledge and aptitude for financial administration and accounting principles;
• Highly developed interpersonal skills –the ability to quickly develop a rapport with staff and clients (internal and external);
• Strong service orientation – meets the needs of the team and internal clients by responding to requests efficiently and effectively;
• An effective multi-tasker with a proactive mindset and excellent attention to detail;
• Ability to take ownership and initiative;
• Hard working and self-directed;
• Proactive and anticipatory; and
• Ability to work on a diverse team effectively and have strong interpersonal skills.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
• Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
• A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
• The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment;
• Ongoing career development and learning; and
• Meaningful rewards and recognition.
|How To Apply||Successful people in our company focus on exceeding our clients’ expectations. In so doing, these individuals generate work that is highly challenging and richly rewarding. If you have a passion for client service and are looking to enhance your career within a great office environment, we invite you to check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).|
Deadline for applications: Sunday, January 26, 2020