Communications Consultant - Strategy, Social Media & Publications
|Company||Limestone District School Board|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|See Yourself in Limestone!|
If you are a collaborative relationship builder, lifelong learner and innovative leader who partners and works effectively with diverse audiences to further the mission, vision, values and overall brand of an organization, an exciting and challenging opportunity awaits you. The Limestone District School Board is seeking a highly motivated and experienced communications leader who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and who will contribute to a culture of equity and inclusiveness in the development and implementation of programs, services, and communications. A trusted communications advisor to the Director of Education, Chair of the Board, and senior administration team, the Communications Consultant is primarily responsible for leading the Board's communication strategy and for managing communication opportunities and challenges internally and externally. The Communications Consultant works with people at all levels of the organization to research, develop, and implement communications plans and high-quality content across a variety of platforms to inform and engage, and to help the Board achieve its strategic priorities.
The Limestone District School Board's strategic vision centres on student and staff Wellness, Innovation and Collaboration. Situated in historic Kingston, on the shores of scenic Lake Ontario, the Limestone District School Board serves more than 19,000 students in 55 schools and 5 alternative education centres, covering a geographic area of 7,719 square kilometres across the City of Kingston, the Townships of Central Frontenac, North Frontenac, South Frontenac, Addington Highlands, Loyalist, Stone Mills, the Frontenac Islands and the Town of Greater Napanee.
|Salary||$64,125 - $80,703 (Commensurate With Experience)|
|Education Requirements||Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience|
- University degree or equivalent in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- Minimum three years' experience in a communications or media relations role leading and supporting the development, implementation, and evaluation of corporate communications strategies and programs
- Superior written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly developed strategic capability and creativity to develop and implement innovative and relevant communications strategies dealing with diverse issues that support the Board's strategic direction
- Proven diplomacy and flexibility with a positive, mature attitude, collaborative work style, as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure and to deliver under tight timelines
- Proven customer service orientation
- Experience utilizing social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, as a corporate communication strategy
- Ability to tailor a variety of communications to specific audiences
- Excellent project management skills and expert level proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Interest and capability with website design and maintenance
- Knowledge and understanding of public education an asset
- Knowledge of current legislation, privacy and accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of industry best practices and current trends, tools, applications and emerging technologies, and ability to integrate them in communications planning
|Other||Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion|
Limestone District School Board is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices that will move us forward in hiring qualified staff who reflect the full diversity and lived experiences within the communities we serve. Within the education sector, historically under-represented groups in the workforce include people who have traditionally been marginalized based on sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, disability (both visible and non-visible), and/or self-identification as First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous peoples. We invite and welcome you, through your cover letter or video, to self-identify as someone who has lived experiences as a member of one or more of these groups and who can bring valuable, diverse knowledge and perspective to our District and the students and communities we serve.
We thank you for your interest in working in Limestone. Only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted and invited to participate in the interview process. Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If this exciting and dynamic opportunity aligns with your vision and values, and you can see yourself in Limestone, please forward a resume and two-minute video illustrating how you would support and promote strategic communications for the Board. Packages should be addressed and submitted to Krishna Burra, Director of Education, by 4:00 p.m. Friday February 4, 2022, through the following link: Video and Resume File Upload
Internationally trained professionals/applicants with equivalent international experience are encouraged and invited to apply.
Additional information about the Limestone District School Board can be found at www.limestone.on.ca.
Please note that interviews will be scheduled between February 9 - 16, 2022. Candidates will be advised at time of contact whether interviews will take place in-person or virtually. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit written consent to contact three professional referees, including current and prior supervisors.
Thank you for your interest in working and leading in Limestone