|Company||Ministry Of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations And Rural Development|
|Location||Dawson Creek and Fort St. John|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development: Dawson Creek and Fort St. John|
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 percent of the province’s allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber.
BCTS also supports government’s commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website.
The Forest Technologist acts with specialized knowledge and training regarding the practice of professional forestry when performing a wide variety of functions including planning, engineering, timber sales and silviculture activities.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Graduation with a diploma or degree in resource or forestry management.
• Registered with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) or a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) AND a minimum of two years of experience in operational field forestry activities.
• Enrolled, or eligible for immediate enrollment, with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a forest professional in training (TFT, ASTFT, FIT, ASFIT), for the purpose of obtaining an RFT or RPF designation AND a minimum of four years of experience in operational field forestry activities
• Operational field forestry activities include one or more of the following:
o Timber harvesting cut-block development.
o Forest road engineering.
o Harvest operations.
o Compliance and enforcement.
• Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
|Salary||$56,032.51 - $63,565.27 annually|
|How To Apply||Click " Apply Now " For more information, and to apply online by November 29, 2021|