Help Desk Agent
|Company||National Research Council Of Canada|
|Location||Ottawa Or Within A National Research Council Office Across Canada|
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|The NRC Advantage |
GREAT MINDS. ONE GOAL. CANADA'S SUCCESS.
The National Research Council of Canada represents a powerful partnering option for anyone looking to push the boundaries of science and industry. In fact, as the Government of Canada's largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development, we have become catalysts for innovation. For over a hundred years, the impact of our work with industry leaders and other government bodies has shaped Canada’s future. We partner with some of the most creative and solutions-driven minds in the world.
And now, we want to partner with you. Be part of our collective force to come up with potentially disruptive solutions to Canada’s current and future technology challenges. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's premiere research and technology organization.
We are looking for Help Desk Agents to support our NRC-Client Service Centre (NRC-CSC). Help Desk Agents would share our core values of impact, accountability, leadership, integrity and collaboration.
Within the NRC-CSC, the Help Desk Agent is accountable to the Client Services Manager, CSC for providing technical assistance to clients in support of NRC’s IT applications and systems, including SAP and Telecommunications. The Help Desk Agent is also responsible for identifying systematic and recurring problems related to the corporate business systems and assisting the Applications Support Officers and Business Analysts in the problem resolution by providing support services such as documenting system deficiencies, identifying causes of problems and recommending solutions.
The NRC-CSC group provides "live" client service to NRC offices across Canada. The Helpdesk Agents work a rotating shift schedule to ensure that we have full coverage (7:30am – 7:30pm ET).
|Salary||From $57,766 To $74,271 Per Annum|
|Education Requirements||A college diploma in computer science or other related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.|
Proof of education is required. Please provide a scanned copy of your diploma/degree/certificate with your application. Please note that successful candidates must provide original documentation before an offer of employment is made.
|Essential Skills||1. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. |
2. Ability to use reasoning and problem solving skills.
3. Knowledge of call center processes and escalation procedures.
4. Knowledge of ticket tracking system software, such as Axios Assyst, Infoman, Altiris, Footprints, etc.
5. Ability to work concurrently on various projects.
6. Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques for networks, printers, desktops and laptops.
|Experience||• Experience providing desktop and technical support to users (including problem analysis and resolution) in a Windows based environment including support of MS Office products, TCP/IP etc.|
• Experience using ticket tracking systems such as Axios Assyst.
• Experience developing procedures for a Help Desk environment would be considered an asset.
|Languages||Various Bilingual Linguistic Profiles From BBB To CBC|
|Work Settings||Shift work is required|
In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
An incumbent occupying a position within the CS Group is currently entitled to receive a terminable allowance of $139 per month.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
|Other||• How your answers are provided is instrumental in selecting the candidates for assessment. Please be aware that the assessment board cannot and will not make assumptions about your Education and Experience. Therefore, clearly answer all application questions providing concrete examples with significant details to explain WHEN, WHERE and HOW you acquired each experience. Please be sure to include substantiating details that clearly outline the breadth of experience as well as relevant timelines. The length of time can be important so please include how many months or years you did this work. Resumes will only be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the answers to the screening questions. If you are the successful candidate, we will validate the information that you provided by contacting your relevant references at the end of the process.|
• The ability to communicate in writing will be assessed throughout the selection process.
• Failure to answer the screening questions or provide appropriate or factual information in the application may result in the rejection of your application.
• Please note that we are unable to contact candidates for incomplete or possible missing information.
• A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
• NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
• Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
• The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
• We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now"|