I&IT Business Consultant
|Company||Treasury Board Secretariat|
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Are you passionate about technology? Are you interested in helping the Ontario Public Service (OPS) adopt modern IT solutions and platforms?|
As a member of our Business Development and Consulting Team at the Treasury Board Secretariat, you will work with senior OPS executive leaders to understand their business landscape and unique challenges, and offer them modern IT solutions that will support them today - and in the future.
As the bridge between the business and IT communities, you will use your strong communications, relationship management, and negotiation skills to ensure IT solutions solve business problems.
If this sounds exciting to you, don't miss this great opportunity to accelerate your career with the Business Development and Consulting team today!
Note: This position is located at 33 King Street West, Oshawa or 222 Jarvis Street, Toronto; however, alternate work arrangements, including flexible hours, hybrid remote work, and a compressed work week, may be available.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Identify business requirements for your assigned client portfolio, as well as identify and select optimal IT business solutions to support their program delivery.
- Provide technical oversight to the development and implementation of I&IT solutions, ensuring that solutions delivered meet business needs.
- Provide ongoing support and technical advice to an assigned client portfolio, ensuring optimum I&IT investment.
Location: Oshawa, Toronto
How do I qualify?
- You have presentation skills to prepare and present information, options and recommendations to a variety of different audiences.
- You have consultation skills to engage partners, provide advice, assemble solutions that meet all requirements, and address the concerns of all stakeholders.
- You have facilitation skills to lead meetings and committees, and work with large, multi-disciplinary groups in order to elicit information and build consensus.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- You can conduct needs assessments and understand multiple, complex and potentially conflicting business requirements.
- You can identify, itemize and articulate viable options for solving identified problems.
- You have the ability to identify risk and formulate specific recommendations based on a clearly reasoned rationale.
- You have skills in business analysis, application development, solution support and IT customer service delivery.
- You have service delivery management, operational planning and resource management skills, in an IT environment, to provide solutions to client I&IT requirements.
- You have contract management skills to advise client business areas on contract negotiation and vendor management.
- You have prioritization skills to organize information appropriately.
- You have knowledge of Service Management, Incident Management and Problem Management processes in order to monitor service level agreements and make recommendations to clients for achievement of improved service levels.
- You have knowledge of system design methods and enterprise architecture methods to interpret and leverage existing business and system documentation and direct development of new documentation.
- You have knowledge of existing technology and IT industry trends, developments and emerging technologies to identify and recommend current and innovative options.
- You have knowledge of software packages or services (such as General Ledger, Human Resources, Enterprise Resource Planning, Case Management, and Service Management packages).
Finance and Project Management Knowledge and Skills:
- You have knowledge of I&IT project management structures, in order to lead the definition of requirements, options analysis planning and options approval stages of projects.
- You have knowledge of financial modelling tools and methods for quantifying and projecting project costs and budgets.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $74,877 - $110,338 Per Year
- 1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region or 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
|Salary||$74,877 - $110,338 Per Year|
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 181632, by Monday, May 30, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.