Data Science Analyst
|Job Details||View attachment|
|What This Position is About:|
The Data Science Analyst is a new position in the Institutional Research Office (IRO). Reporting to the Director of the IRO, this position is primarily responsible for designing and building data models through the use of relational databases (SQL, Oracle etc.) predictive analytics projects, big data mining, data visualization and machine learning. Accuracy of data analysis, data visualization and forecasting/predictions is critical to providing effective decision support to various departments and processes across the college.
Working closely with the IT department, the Data Science Analyst downloads and extracts data as required to leverage existing data resources and data feeds. In support of student satisfaction, success and retention, the Data Science Analyst is able to present and explain complex research/analytical methodologies, and their results to various leaders and teams within the organization. The incumbent analyzes data using descriptive and inferential statistics, (e.g. frequencies, cross tabs, percentages and higher-level statistical analysis, such as correlation, t-tests, chi-square, Control Charts, Factor Analysis, ANOVA, covariance and regression).
For More Information
For a complete job description, please refer to the document found on our website.
|Experience||What We Are Looking For:|
As our ideal candidate, you will have a relevant combination of the following education and experience, including a post graduate degree (e.g. Masters) or 4 year degree plus professional certification in data science, research & statistics. In addition, you will have a minimum of 5 years related experience that includes:
• Data Science experience (research methodology and technology use, statistical analysis)
• Experience working with data mining and predictive analytic methodology is preferred.
• High level designing SQL databases, API Keys / tokens for data mining and descriptive statistics (such as frequencies, cross tabs, percentages, correlation, t-tests, and regression); strong proficiency using databases and software; advanced data capabilities using R and Python).
• Demonstrated strong project management skills; with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and project deadlines
• Extensive working knowledge of data mart/warehouse is preferred.
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
• Experience using strong interpersonal/human relations skills, communication skills (verbal and written, including report writing) and presentation skills.
• Experience working independently and within a team environment; prioritizing, organizing and problem solving own work.
• Experience working with a variety of clients developing research methodologies to meet particular research needs.
• Extensive working knowledge of institutional data research in a post-secondary institution preferred.
|Other||Please Note – Support|
Internal candidates will receive first consideration in accordance with our Support Staff Collective Agreement. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the Fleming College family.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Fleming College is committed to building diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible learning and working environments. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our Staff, our Faculty and our Administration including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to apply.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities and commit to ensuring accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. To obtain a copy of this document in another format please e-mail Recruitment@flemingcollege.ca.
|How To Apply||Apply to Fleming College career opportunities please visit http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.|