LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 22685
Do you have heavy equipment maintenance experience and are you looking to join a dynamic team in Fort McMurray? Reporting to the manager, mine equipment maintenance (MEM), you will provide leadership and direction to specialists, labourers, mine equipment maintenance workers and technicians responsible for repairing and maintaining mine mobile equipment. You will also be accountable for safely and efficiently improving production within the MEM department.
We are one of the largest mine operations in the world and our oil sands mining projects, located near Fort McMurray in northern Alberta, and are projected to produce a reliable, long-term energy supply while leveraging technology to minimize environmental and social impacts of resource development in the region.
If you don’t already live in the Fort McMurray community, Suncor offers a highly competitive relocation package including housing assistance. Residing in Fort McMurray is a requirement for this role. Check out what some of our employees enjoy most about living and working in Fort McMurray.
- Maintain a visible presence in the field to strengthen employee engagement and ensure that safety is everyone’s top priority
- Supervise performance, provide mentorship, and manage a multi-skilled technical workforce of up to 20 people within the context of the collective agreement
- Administer the collective agreement and personnel policies in a fair and consistent manner
- Ensure that all maintenance work assigned by planning and scheduling is executed during each shift
- Ensure unit downtime outage durations are minimized by maximizing the application of resources without compromising worker safety or unit reliability
- Investigate incidents and near misses with a view toward positive action through mentoring and training; follow up to prevent re-occurrence and create incident reports
- Hold monthly shift safety meetings with a thorough review and follow-up to ensure remedial action is taken
- Ensure that all permit and lockout procedures are followed
- Set work expectations and performance levels with employees and provide timely and relevant feedback
- Perform the functions within the SAP computerized maintenance system to correctly document, approve and assign the work that is performed on shift
Experience and Education:
- Eight or more years of maintenance experience in mobile equipment (such as heavy haul trucks, auxiliary equipment or shovels), with at least three of those years in a leadership role (superintendent/supervisory)
- Experience as a supervisor in a unionized environment is an asset
- Relevant trade certification or an engineering degree (electrical or mechanical)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional safety mindset
- Computer proficiency, specifically in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Knowledge of the mining industry and technology with hydraulic and electric shovels, haul trucks and support equipment
- Proficient in leading within a unionized work environment
- Highly motivated self-starter who collaborates with others, maintains positive relationships across different teams, and makes decisions with integrity in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Adaptive work style with an ability to handle multiple priorities, challenging demands and can function effectively in a dynamic work environment
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to engage and inspire front line employees in a positive manner; you hold yourself and others accountable to always ”do the right thing,” and expect others to do the same
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- The shift schedule is a six days on/six days off rotation (three days on, three nights on, six days off; 12-hour shifts, equal to a total of 72 hours per shift)
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
- NOC code: 7301
- Work location: Oil Sands, P.O. Box 4015, Tar Island, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada T9H 3E3
- Terms of employment: permanent full-time position
- Language of work: English #LI-LO1
- Wage: $113,000 - $124,000/year base salary
- Benefits: annual incentive bonus, Fort McMurray cost of living allowance, pension and savings plans, vacation plan, benefits plan, relocation services, home ownership program, lump sum down payment, and rent allowance programs
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators
For more information, visit Suncor for Mine Equipment Maintenance Supervisor