|Closing Date ||2019-02-20 |
|Reference Number ||17-968-09-045 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$89,400 - $108,820 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
The Senior Business Analyst leads key activities including eliciting, analysing, validating and documenting business, organizational and/or IT operational requirements and related business rules to determine best solutions to client business needs, plans and objectives.
- Support project initiatives that ensure maximum utilization of resources by developing, organizing and maintaining work plans and by controlling budgetary expenditures.
- Conduct business analysis and research to determine the integration of the evolving business requirements that will fulfill user needs and increase the efficiency and efficacy of the programs.
- Develop plans, objectives and time frames for preparing business cases in collaboration with business clients by documenting client requirements, leading development of optimized business process flow, validating the process, validating / simulating the process and defining high-level solution options.
- Facilitate Business Case teams to fully document such cases and to obtain approval and funding by developing cost/benefit analysis, assisting clients to identify measurable objectives and benefits, researching documents and options, conducting return on investment studies and discussing operational and technical requirements with clients and senior management.
- Assess the effectiveness of the current programs; investigate and propose solutions by identifying current and future opportunities, developing business plans and strategies for implementation, seeking opportunities to work in collaboration and partnership with other departmental organizations.
- Develop and establish partnerships with lines of business in order to become fully knowledgeable with their business support systems, issues and processes. Identify current and future needs and develop business plans and strategies for their implementation.
- Conduct research, analysis and testing of new business solutions for possible use by clients by evaluating new products for their potential to address business requirements, by reading the trade press, attending conferences and seminars and meeting with manufacturers and service providers.
Bachelor's degree and seven (7) years of experience
Education: Business, Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Engineering. Other fields of study may be considered.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education (i.e.: Masters, Doctorate) in a related field of study could be recognized as experience.
Experience performing business analysis functions for Information Technology related products, solutions or services.
Candidates must also possess:
- Four (4) years of experience as a Business Analyst working with Information Technology business users to gather and document various types and levels of business needs and user requirements (such as rationale, scope, functional and non-functional requirements).
- Three (3) years of experience performing Business Analysis activities on Enterprise-wide business solutions.
- Three (3) years of experience in the development, implementation and validation of business procedures
- Three (3) years of experience in analyzing requirements, developing recommendations and presenting to management and/or clients for the development of business solutions.
- A written exam will be administered. If successful, you will be invited to an interview. The exam will serve to evaluate written communication skills and your knowledge in business analysis.
- Problem Solving
- Focus Results (Results Oriented)
Conditions of Employment
Various language requirements:
- Bilingual imperative (BBB/BBB)
- Bilingual non-imperative (BBB/BBB)
Note: For bilingual imperative positions, offers will be made to qualified candidates who meet the linguistic requirements. For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed by the Service.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for IT Senior Business Analyst