Manager, Pipeline Team - Eastern Region
|We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.|
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Are you passionate about safety, working in a collaborative environment, and taking initiative? Are you highly motivated and a self-starter that enjoys working in a field environment? As part of the Canada Gas Operations team you’ll apply your critical thinking and technical skills to keep our natural gas compressor stations, measurement stations, and pipeline assets operating safely and reliably. Our Canadian Natural Gas Pipelines business includes over 43,000 kms of existing pipeline, 120 compressor stations and approximately 1,500 measurement stations across Canada.
Our jobs are for innovators, thinkers, doers, team players and leaders. They’re for people who dream big, seek purpose, value good teams and like to do big things.
This dynamic leadership position will provide a key role within the Eastern Region Leadership Team delivering on the demand for pipeline maintenance and operational support. This successful candidate will manage a team of high performing pipeline technical staff stretching from Western Ontario to Quebec City. This candidate will need to be both structured in approach and flexible as needed to meet the changing and challenging demands of a large team providing critical work across a wide geographic extent.
*Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training is required which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
What you’ll do
• Lead a team of pipeline technical staff whose key responsibilities include pipeline maintenance, damage prevention and project management support across a region stretching from Western Ontario to Quebec City
• Provide leadership to continuously improve business performance in terms of health, safety and environment, cost, maintenance practices, and customer service
• Provide input and assistance in the development of goals and objectives from Region to Area level
• Lead the efforts to achieve these goals within the area
• Effectively manage all resources (people, financial, material, and time) to ensure maximum efficiency in planning, forecasting, and allocation
• Develop and foster an environment which actively enables and encourages employee innovation, continuous improvement, and commitment to operational excellence
• Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, provincial, and local regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures pertaining to operations and maintenance
• Manage Operations and Maintenance contracts; understand commercial agreements and asset management plans
• Spend time in the field, engaging techs – providing direction and guidance to employees training and development via leadership discussions and the performance management process
• Ensure that TC Energy has a positive and visible image in the communities within the area
• Manage training requirements for the team to support technical and non-technical development
• Manage and coordinate emergency response with a requirement to be on call to respond to emergency situations
• Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in a technical based field of study (Engineering, Commerce, or equivalent)
• Preferred 10 or more years of related work experience
• Knowledge and familiarity with TC Energy's business vision, strategies, practices, processes and systems
• Previous leadership experience
• Previous pipeline maintenance experience would be considered an asset
• Bilingual (English and French) would be considered an asset
About Canada Gas Operations
We’re up for any challenge. Are you? Delivering energy across North America safely, responsibly and reliably takes a skilled hands-on team. Our Canadian Gas operations employees make sure we deliver natural gas day-in and day-out to millions of people who count on TC Energy for the energy that powers our world. Our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration guide how we work with one another – and how we work with external stakeholders who are affected by our operations.
To learn more about life at TC Energy visit: Careers for trades and operators
|Languages||English And French|
|How To Apply||Apply now!|
Apply to this posting by 11/30/2020 using reference code 76661. Only applications submitted through our internal Careers site will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy to grow your career.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.