Officer, Event Planning (Position Can Be Located Anywhere In Canada)
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Sector: Policy and Innovation |
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $53795.00 to $67243.75
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Housing Policy team in our Policy and Innovation sector. In this sector, we accelerate housing affordability through evidence-based policy, research and disruptive innovation.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will provide project management and expert advice on all corporate events, including board and senior management meetings and functions. You will supervise the on-site operations of events and makes related decisions to ensure compliance with policies, client requirements and specifications. You will provide financial planning and administration to the Corporate Secretariat. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
* Post-secondary education with experience in conference and event planning industry, including contracting policy, facilities planning, protocol, public relations and principal suppliers.
* Minimum three years experience in a related occupation.
* Solid experience in planning and managing events.
* Ability to forge strong relationships with Business Line Coordinators.
* Great organization skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Strong negotiation skills, particularly with respect to contracts.
* Experience managing a budget.
* Possible Project Management Certification (PMP) would be beneficial (additional asset).
What you will be doing
Planning and Project Management
* Provides project management and meeting planning services in support of the Board and Committee meetings, Senior Management Committees and Corporate Events.
* Assists the senior officers with the organization of management committees, attends management committees and develops relevant action lists.
* Arranges for board members' training and related events. Ensures that the training complies with related corporate policies and that required approvals are sought. Coordinates board members' related logistical requirements.
* Supervises the work of a clerical position.
Negotiation and Compliance
* Negotiates corporate event/meeting contracts, including costs, to ensure reasonableness and value for money. Maintains effective relationships with an inventory of service providers.
* Drawing on knowledge of the procurement policy, and experience with the RPPS system, coordinates all contracts and procurement matters for Corporate Secretariat.
* Ensures contracts are compliant with corporate policy, including TBS directives.
* Budget forecasting analysis and general administrative financial tasks (e.g. payment of invoices and preparation of quarterly accruals).
* Payment coordination of board members’ per diems, retainers and travel expenses; prepares quarterly disclosure reports of board members' expenses to be included on CMHC's web.
* Ensures that the finance dashboard of CS budgets is accurate and reconciles monthly statements.
* Incumbent understands budget variances and regularly responds to inquiries from Finance about expenditures and variances from budget. Liaison with finance on any issues; produces reports as needed.
* Prepares quarterly accruals.
People Leadership (Human Relations Skills)
* Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others.
|Languages||Bilingual (English And French)|
|How To Apply||Does this sound like you?|
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: May 30, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID: 4617
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.