Case Manager, Housing Specialty
|Company||Native Child And Family Services Of Toronto|
|Job Category||Service Sector|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Classification: Contract Full-Time (3 years with a possibility of benefits)|
Hours: 35 hrs/wk
Range: $28.24 - $40.94/ Hour
Location: 185 Carlton
NCFST is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the Aboriginal population we serve. We encourage First Nation, Metis and Inuit applicants to apply and please self-identify in their cover letter.
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Tikinagan Pre/Postnatal, the Pre/Postnatal Case Manager, Housing Specialty is responsible for assisting Aboriginal Pre/Postnatal clients in meeting their temporary and permanent housing needs through individualized case management.
• Conduct housing intakes, service planning and discharge planning for all clients
• Collaborate with internal/external resources in support of wrap around supports that are culturally informed, trauma informed and client centered
• Ensure clients are provided with appropriate referrals such as shelters, counselling and programs
• Gather necessary information and participate in case conferencing as required
• Assist clients in completing applications for affordable housing and income support programs.
• Assist clients with landlord outreach; through initial phone contact, accompaniment for viewings, lease signings, and landlord tenant dispute resolutions.
• Assist clients with providing transportation to and from appointments
• Provide flexible, mobile and accessible supports through community visits and home visiting
• Maintain and encourage ongoing networking with health and social community services that will benefit the clients’ care.
• Provide crisis intervention and supportive counselling
• Provide supportive counselling and work collaboratively with Child Welfare to support clients.
• Inform and assist clients in their knowledge of tenant rights and legal resources.
• Support the maintenance of a current and accessible housing registry.
• Act as a source of integrated information, and provide any additional referrals as identified by clients
• Develop and provide culturally informed, trauma informed and culturally informed program/workshops in support of building community capacity
• Maintain ongoing case documentation
• Prepare and submit accurate funder and client related reports and records
• Work in a safe manner in accordance with the Society’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and all relevant legislation
• Provide relief coverage to the team as needed
What we are looking for:
• Degree/Diploma in the Human Service or Social Services field and with a minimum of 1 year related experience, or alternatively, an equivalent combination of relevant education in a related field and experience working within Aboriginal maternal health sector will be considered.
• Alternatively a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
• Experience working as a support within the Aboriginal community
• Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle
• Pass a Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check.
• Excellent knowledge of Aboriginal trauma informed best practices
• Good understanding of available housing resources, and the Landlord Tenant Act.
• Knowledge of the unique dynamics that exist within the First Nations, Inuit and Metis cultures
• Knowledge of a variety of community resources (housing, VAW, pre/post-natal care etc.)
• Strong written and oral communications skills, and basic computer skills.
• Sound organizational skills, including the keeping of organized written records.
• Must be familiar with and able to contribute to a team approach.
|Salary||$28.24 - $40.94/ Hour|
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply on our website: www.nativechild.org on or before August 17, 2021.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, NCFST will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.