Administrative Assistant, Indigenous Initiatives
|Queen’s University Office of Indigenous Initiatives (OII) is seeking a highly competent Administrative Assistant with demonstrated connections to Indigenous community and other Indigenous networks to join the OII team. |
The Administrative Assistant will provide executive level support to the Associate Vice-Principal, which includes managing their calendar, scheduling meetings and preparing materials and briefing notes. The Administrative Assistant, will be responsible for providing senior-level administrative, organizational, financial and accounting support to the OII and will be the first point of contact and face of the OII, facilitating communication and creating a friendly and welcoming environment for Indigenous students and community members, staff and faculty. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for providing support for OII operations and committees/ working groups including scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes. The ideal candidate has a strong client-focus, and thrives in a fast paced work environment where there is regular exposure to sensitive and confidential information. They will be required to act with initiative, and function with an exceptional level of accuracy, good judgement and efficiency and make independent decisions, consulting with other administrators and staff, as needed.
• Must have Indigenous ancestry and a demonstrated connection with an Indigenous community and other Indigenous networks. If urban-based, must demonstrate active ties and relationship to an ancestral Indigenous community and homeland.
• Three-year post-secondary program in business administration or another related field, combined with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
• Experience (minimum 1-3 years) providing support to a senior level executive, including managing their calendar, travel arrangements and completing other administrative tasks.
• Demonstrated experience performing financial and accounting duties, including supporting the budgeting planning and preparation process.
• Ability to speak an Indigenous language is considered an asset.
• Sound knowledge of university administrative policies and procedures is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of university financial systems, policies, and procedures is considered an asset.
• Understanding of Queen’s organizational and governance structure and the role of the Office of Indigenous Initiatives is considered an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Office applications (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). The willingness and ability to adapt to emerging technology and systems and provide technology assistance to others.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
To view the full job posting please visit CareerQ, Competition Number: J0820-0312
Application Instructions: If you meet the required qualifications of the role, please submit both your resume and cover letter, including verification of Indigenous Ancestry and connection to Indigenous community and networks to the above Competition # on our careers page by January 20, 2021.