Specialist, Affordable Housing
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Job Requisition ID: 3205 |
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Sector: Assisted Housing
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $73746 to $92183
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Frequent
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strategic, financial acumen, business development and housing expertise to the Specialist, Affordable Housing position in Vancouver.
As a member of the Affordable Housing team you are the regional contact for affordable housing programs and products and are responsible for providing advice, guidance, and influence to developers and housing providers of affordable housing, as well as other levels of government on housing development and preservation of social housing.
How You Will Be Contributing
* Ensuring promotion and delivery of CMHC products and services to local clients.
* Generating opportunities that create new or maintain existing affordable stock.
* Providing advice and guidance to developers and housing providers of affordable housing on housing development and preservation of social housing existing stock.
* Raising awareness of the importance of affordable housing including the need for a broad range of housing choices that respond to local circumstances.
* Influencing and inspiring organizations, and industry to get involved in the development of affordable housing and preservation of social housing existing stock.
* Working closely with national teams, local partners, stakeholders and other levels of government to jointly develop strategies, identify policy improvements and collaborate on housing solutions.
* Gathering intelligence on local client needs and housing issues and communicating insights
* Identifying potential issues, seeking opportunities for CMHC partnerships.
* Ensuring appropriate risk awareness and the implementation of risk culture within area of responsibility.
* Disseminating information, ideas, and best practices from across Canada.
What We Are Looking For
* Undergraduate (Bachelor) education in planning, policy, economics, or finance, with a minimum of (five) 5 years of experience in information dissemination, sales or business development or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered.
* Broad understanding of the Canadian affordable housing and social housing sector.
* Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge related to multiunit residential real estate development and finance would be considered an asset.
* Demonstrated leadership experience.
* Sound understanding of the financing of affordable housing projects.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of client relationship management including key account and government relationship strategy.
* Analytical skills to develop unique solutions.
* Ability to interpret program guidelines to ensure maximum flexibility is used in their implementation.
* Ability to build and maintain client relationships, recognize opportunities for improvement.
* Ability to persuade, influence and/or negotiate with others on a regular basis.
* Ability to review financial proposals and assess their viability.
* Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
* Building Collaborative Relationships
* Communicating Effectively
* Forward Thinking
* Meeting Client/Client Stakeholder Needs
* Thinking Analytically
|How To Apply||APPLY today |
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 13, 2019, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
* Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
* Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
* We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
* If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
* Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
* All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
* Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
* Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
A = Beginner Level
B = Intermediate Level
C = Advanced Level
E = Exempt
P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities