|Company||Capital Power Corporation|
|Job Posting Title IRC9720 |
Job Title Server Specialist
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates dependable, cost-effective, and innovative electricity solutions to power a sustainable future.
As a group of experts and innovators in our field, we’re taking a leadership role in developing renewables, improving thermal generation efficiency, and supporting the development of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) solutions to support a low-carbon energy system.
Join us in powering a clean energy future!
Brief Posting Description
One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Are you looking to expand your cloud experience? Are you a results-oriented IS professional looking to work for a great company that focuses on innovative technologies and work-life balance? If so, Capital Power Corporation encourages you to join their IS Infrastructure and Architecture team.
Reporting to the Manager, Server Operations, the Server Specialist is accountable for the performance and maintenance of Capital Power’s server and cloud infrastructure. This includes both ensuring that these services are operated and maintained appropriately to achieve the required outcomes within specific time spans.
Key accountabilities include:
•Provide tier 2 support, problem resolution and service requests for server (Linux / Windows / Vmware) servers, including related Active Directory assignments, while ensuring service levels are achieved.
•Professionally provide technical support and update problem tickets accordingly.
•Maintain operational availability of infrastructure support applications.
•Implement preventative procedures by reviewing alerts and system logs then initiating corrective measures. These procedures include responding to security breaches.
•Expected duties may include, but not limited to writing knowledge base documents, server work around procedures, and updating the system records for new installs, updates, and contact information.
•Demonstrate a high performance, high discipline, and safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
•Identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical related problems. Actively coordinate with team members and other service support groups to effectively resolve server problems in a timely manner. Escalate more complex problems to senior level specialists.
•Ensure optimal deliverables through effective cross-functional accountability and authority practices (when relevant) within Manager’s context and prescribed limits.
•Develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of work group, interacting in a friendly, open, honest, and accepting manner.
•In performing above duties, protect data and information from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion; follow applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files and release of data.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We’re committed to providing a meaningful work experience that challenges you to be your best at every stage of your career with us. You will be empowered to take on opportunities you never thought you would. We offer a highly flexible benefits and wellness program, comprehensive onboarding and training, and various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth.
We’re passionate about our employees and proud to foster a culture that values diversity; realizing an inclusive and diverse team is paramount to help grow our company and power the future. We’re proud to foster an environment where employees go home safe every day feeling physically, emotionally and financially supported.
|Education Requirements||• Diploma or degree in information systems|
• 5+ years supporting Servers and related infrastructure in cloud and on premise environments
• MCSA certification is an asset
• MCSE certification is preferred
|Essential Skills||• Interpersonal: self-motivated, organized, customer focused detail-oriented and effective communicator.|
• Customer Responsiveness: Ability to respond appropriately and communicate effectively to customers and management.
• Adaptable to duties and deliverables changing in response to IS and business needs.
• Group: problem solving, results driven and action-oriented when working on assigned tasks. Team player who promotes a culture of innovation and quality.
• Focused on continuous improvement by paying attention to the processes or elements leading to the completion duties and always looking for ways to improve quality and/or efficiency
|Experience||• Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) experience a must|
• Hybrid Cloud data center experience a must
• Proven experience with design and implementation of Disaster recovery with cloud infrastructure
• Powershell experience a must including a focus on automation of routine tasks
• Experience with Active Directory (GPO, sites, scripting, etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft technologies such as SCOM, SCCM and Intune
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server (2012 / 2016 / 2019)
• Familiarity with storage and network technologies
• Experience supporting Office 365, Microsoft Teams and Exchange
• Experience supporting VMware ESX infrastructure including VDI and RDSH
• Knowledge of data centers and support
• Experience with infrastructure monitoring applications
• Experience supporting Linux
• Experience with automation tools is a definite asset
|How To Apply||We only accept online application. Please click Apply Now!|
Please search IRC9720