Indigenous Engagement Administrator
|Company||Chartered Professional Accountants Of British Columbia|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|The Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) is seeking a highly organized individual with an extensive, proven Executive Assistant background for the Indigenous Engagement Administrator role. |
Are you a driven leader who excels with the coordination of calendars, meetings, documentation, event planning, all while acting as a liaison between your team and internal/external stakeholders? If so, this might be the role for you. Our team needs someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and can be fully accountable for the administrative support for this team.
This position is full time remote, with the ability to work remotely from anywhere in BC.
We are proudly recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021. Come join a collaborative network of like-minded professionals and take the first step towards an exciting opportunity by applying to the position.
For more information on CPABC’s Indigenous Strategy and our continued efforts with respect to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please see our recent article in our InFocus Magazine.
Reporting to the Director, Interdepartmental New Initiatives, the Indigenous Engagement Administrator is responsible for providing senior executive administrative support to the Interdepartmental New Initiatives department, with a specific focus on supporting the development and expansion of the Indigenous Program This includes being a key contributor and driving force behind the successful implementation of pilot programs and various initiatives, while managing team timelines, deadlines, and deliverables.
• Liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including our members and employees, local schools, government agencies and partner organizations;
• Schedule meetings within the department and with external stakeholders; coordinating schedules and availability as necessary;
• Take meeting minutes, summarizing at a high level what was discussed, decisions made, action items agreed to, timeline and parties responsible;
• Distribute meeting notes to appropriate parties, keeping track of action items and following-up with the appropriate parties as necessary;
• Maintain project timelines and collaborate with the Director to ensure projects are on track while contributing ideas and support;
• Assist with departmental reporting, including reviewing and proofreading reports for accuracy and consistency;
• Maintain department documentation, regularly updating and revising as required; in particular, keeping regular maintenance of the Consultation Record;
• Create, review and revise PowerPoint presentations, working with internal Communications team to ensure appropriate branding and imaging is used;
• Develop a network of relationships with allied agencies, communities and entities;
• Track and coordinate assigned projects and provide regular status reports, including follow-up, as required;
• Coordinate events, tracking applications and attendees, sending event materials out ahead of time and gathering feedback afterwards; and
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
• Three (3) plus years of experience in a senior administrative and coordination capacity;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
• Proven self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to see projects through to culmination;
• Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
• High degree of tact, professionalism and confidentiality;
• Attention to detail, refined organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task;
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time; including occasional travel to the CPABC office and communities for meetings.
• Previous experience working in, on or with an Indigenous community, specifically British Columbia Indigenous communities, would be beneficial;
• Proven ability to foster understanding and engage with a variety of Indigenous Peoples and communities, with a particular focus on relationship-building, is preferred;
• An interest and passion for Indigenous studies, including prior experience researching and analyzing relevant topics and subjects, would be an asset.
Location: Our head office is located in downtown Vancouver, BC. There is an opportunity for this role to work remotely from your own community within BC. Your preferred work arrangement will be discussed during the interview process.
Our Indigenous Engagement Initiative is one of CPABC’s key strategic objectives. As such, we strongly encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous Canadian (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) to apply.
|Start Date||July 2021|
|Work Settings||Remote Work from Home (permanently) in your Community.|
|Other||Why join our team? CPABC offers an entrepreneurial environment with a competitive compensation, benefits package and opportunities for advancement. At CPABC we live our core values:|
• We Are Open
• We Work Together
• We Communicate
• We Improve Every Day
• We Are Professional
• We Laugh and Celebrate
The Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) is the training, governing, and regulatory body for over 38,000 CPA members and 6,000 CPA students. CPABC carries out its primary mission to protect the public by enforcing the highest professional and ethical standards and contributing to the advancement of public policy. CPAs are recognized internationally for bringing superior financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, and leadership to organizations. CPABC was presented with a BC Top Employer award for 2020 and 2021.
|How To Apply||If this job outline describes you, please email your résumé and cover letter to HRCPABC@bccpa.ca. This post will remain open until filled. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and we thank in advance all candidates who respond; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.|