Procurement Specialist, Financial Services
|Company||Limestone District School Board|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|See Yourself in Limestone!|
The Limestone District School Board is seeking a motivated, self-started to support the Financial Services Department, by coordinating the procurement process, including acquiring goods and services, preparing procurement documents, such as tenders, proposals, contracts, change orders and purchase orders as well as recognizing procurement risks and identifying opportunities to minimize these risks. Assisting in the acquisition of goods and services in a manner that provides best overall value and optimal customer service, you will be responsible for ensuring all purchasing transactions are processed in a manner that respects key department timelines while ensuring accuracy and compliance with Board policies, procedures, and internal controls. In this role, you will also provide support, training and guidance to school and board staff in the acquisition of goods and services and respond to queries from vendors concerning purchasing issues.
The Limestone District School Board’s strategic vision centres on student and staff Wellness, Innovation and Collaboration. Situated in historic Kingston, on the shores of scenic Lake Ontario, the Limestone District School Board serves more than 19,000 students in 55 schools and 5 alternative education centres, covering a geographic area of 7,719 square kilometres across the City of Kingston, the Townships of Central Frontenac, North Frontenac, South Frontenac, Addington Highlands, Loyalist, Stone Mills, the Frontenac Islands and the Town of Greater Napanee.
|Salary||$31.35 - $32.98/Hour|
|Credentials||• Purchasing accreditation considered an asset|
|Education Requirements||• Completion of a 2-year College Diploma in Business or a combination of relevant education and experience|
|Experience||Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience|
• Three or more years related work experience in progressively responsible positions, preferably with a medium to large public sector organization
• Completion of a 2-year College Diploma in Business or a combination of relevant education and experience
• Purchasing accreditation considered an asset
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of procurement, supply management, competitive bidding, and contract preparation – normally acquired through the completion of a Supply Chain Management Certificate (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated understanding of purchasing, government legislation/ regulations and guidelines for competitive procurement and purchasing processing within a large and complex environment
• Demonstrates experience and commitment to EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion)
• Superior customer service, collaboration, and negotiation skills
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently
• Strong commitment to ensuring deadlines are maintained and achieved
• Solid understanding of purchasing applications and bidding services
• Demonstrated organizational, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Intermediate to Advanced level skill with MS Word and Excel to produce competitive bid documents and spreadsheets for financial analysis
• Intermediate level of MS Excel, including but not limited to the use of formulas, sorting, filtering, reordering columns and formatting for report preparation
• Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
|How To Apply||If this exciting and dynamic opportunity aligns with your vision and values, and you can see yourself in Limestone, please forward your resume and cover letter representing how you see yourself impacting Limestone in this capacity, along with the names of three preliminary references, who will not be contacted without consent. Packages should be addressed to Myra Baumann, Manager of Financial Services and must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on August 15, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Additional information about the Limestone District School Board can be found at www.limestone.on.ca.
Please note that interviews will be scheduled between August 23 – September 3, 2021. Candidates will be advised at time of contact whether interviews will take place in-person or virtually. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit written consent to contact four professional references, including current and prior supervisors.
Thank you for your interest in working and serving in Limestone.
Commitment to Diversity
Limestone District School Board is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices that will move us forward in hiring qualified staff who reflect the full diversity and lived experiences within the communities we serve. Within the education sector, historically under-represented groups in the workforce include people who have traditionally been marginalized based on sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, disability (both visible and non-visible), and/or self-identification as First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous peoples. We invite and welcome you, through your cover letter, to self-identify as someone who has lived experiences as a member of one or more of these groups and who can bring valuable, diverse knowledge and perspective to our District and the students and communities we serve.
Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest. Only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted and invited to participate in the interview process.